CDJ HID mode with traktor 2.6 issues
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default CDJ HID mode with traktor 2.6 issues

Hi all,

I am having problems setting up HID mode from pioneer cdjs to use traktor scratch pro 2.6 on a MBP OS 10.6.8

I have tried cdj 850s and cdj 900s, done firmware updates, set up aggregate device using the downloadable software and manually (to be sure). In fact I am sure I have set everything up correctly at least twice for each combinatin of kit. Each time I can see the control is working as the Traktor GUI responds correctly to all my actions on the CDJ, but all the audio comes through one channel.

I have been searching forums and some people have had the same issue on previous versions of traktor and fixed it. But some people using 2.6 have failed.

Can anyone confirm they have HID mode working on Traktor 2.6 from either cdj 850 or cdj 900. If so - how?

P.S. I am aware it is strange using HID mode when I have scratch pro and timecode is a much better solution.

Please stay on topic and save me from detailing exactly why I need to get this working.

Unfortunately, the CDJ 850 doesn't support HID with the Traktor...
    DJM-750 | 2 x Technics 1200 | Audio 10 | Midifighter Classic | Midifighter Twister | Kontrol X1|  MBP 13"

Tech Wizard

Nice 1 Vincent, I've seen a lot of people say that but pioneer says they do:

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/support/sof...l#download_240

and some users claim to have had it working.

I am having the same problem on cdj900s.

So I'm wondering if anyone has had it working on either model?

Tech Guru

Advanced HID is much better than timecode and should work fine for CDJ 900s in Traktor (not the 850). You say the controls work fine, so that means your HID is working properly.

The sound card component of the CDJs is completely separate from the HID function. If you are having trouble, Pioneer provide an auto-aggregator for Mac. You could also try posting a screenshot of your aggregated device and Traktor Output Routing so we can see if there are any problems there.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Nice 1 Makar.

I've run the aggregator and set up manually on the 900s, neither worked. I have noticed that the pioneer instructions state:

"Press and hold the [MENU] button on the Multi Player for at least one second to advance to [UTILITY] mode. Select [STANDARD] for the [HID SETTING] using the rotary selector and then press [MENU] button to exit [UTILITY] mode."

http://pioneer.jp/support/connect/pd...TRAKTOR_EN.pdf

But most people seem to say they have it in [ADVANCED] mode. How do you use it?

I will also post screenshots after the weekend, I'd appreciate someone having a look.

Tech Guru

The HID setting should always be set to advanced for Traktor use. Either way, it shouldn't have any effect on your sound cards.

Are you familiar with aggregate audio devices and have you used them for Traktor before?
    You should also make sure that the individual CDJs and the aggregated device are not selected as the main device for sound output in Audio MIDI setup.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    The HID setting should always be set to advanced for Traktor use. Either way, it shouldn't have any effect on your sound cards.
    Thanks for this. So Pioneers instructions are incorrect and misleading. This is good to know even if it doesn't have an affect as it implies I cannot trust their instructions at all.

In fact regarding the cdj850 I have now noticed that their instructions do not say cdj850 HID is supported in traktor, they have simply used traktor screenshots to explain how audio routing should be set. I am now guessing they have copied those screenshots from the CDJ 900 pages. Very misleading indeed. But still silly me for assuming traktor would work just because it was used as the example in the install instructions.

Regarding the cdj900s:
    Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Are you familiar with aggregate audio devices and have you used them for Traktor before?
    You should also make sure that the individual CDJs and the aggregated device are not selected as the main device for sound output in Audio MIDI setup.
    I am not familiar with aggregate devices in Traktor no. But I think I have it setup correctly. I will post screenshots once I've used that rig on Saturday again.

Thanks Makar.

Tech Wizard

OK Makar, or anyone else who knows their aggregates.

This is my audio utility, traktor audio pref and traktor output routing.
    As far as I know I have followed Pioneers instructions to the letter but I am aware the instructions are misleading in places and downright wrong in others.

FYI - in the output routing I expected 2 audio pairs to choose from but the "aggregate device out 2" and "aggregate device out 3" options were the only ones available.

So someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Any input appreciated and welcome.

Tech Guru

You are using Internal mixing mode, and should be using External.

Tech Wizard

Thanks Makar.

I had already tried it in external mode but still found audio came through the same channel.
    Someone on another forum recommended I use internal mixing.

Anyway - In External Mode I still only get "Aggregate device 2" and Aggregate device 3" as audio sources to route in the output routing preferences screen. Is that expected? and if so how should I set them up in output routing?

I will post screen shots of how I have it but will have to wait until nxt saturday again so if you can offer any further wisdom, or maybe post a screen shot of how you have yours.. that would be great.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast