[[Audio Settings]] Confused to get Headphone cueing set?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [[Audio Settings]] Confused to get Headphone cueing set?

So theres 2 ways I can play audio with my S4, the 1st is what I used to do.

1) I had my speakers (small desktop speakers which connected into 1 single audio cord) connected to the 'Phones' jack infront of the S4 so all my audio played through there. But my 'Load' would always be in the red no matter what and it'd cause this like 'static pop' to play through the speakers often. I never needed to touch the Cue buttons bc they never did anything anyways.

2) I changed my Audio Device from (1) Traktor Kontrol S4 soundcard to (2) My Laptops soundcard and now the 'Load' is normalized and doesnt make any 'static pop' and this caused it to play through my laptop speakers (which works fine because I can plug my single audio cord from my external desktop speakers into the headphone jack in my laptop (just so I can play louder audio than the laptop speakers)

So that exactly what I wanted, I fixed the Overload which removed the static pop BUT my only problem is my S4 'Phones' jack which I want to use to plug my headphones into so I can use for Cueing isnt playing any audio when I push my [Cue] buttons on? (I have played with the Cue Mix & Cue Vol knobs on the front and they dont do anything) Im hoping someone can see a easy fix with whats in my settings in the images.
    Anymore information needed just ask. Thank you

Tech Guru

Your latency for your S4 is set very low. Try increasing it.

And buy an adapter so you can plug your speakers into the rear RCA sockets.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Your latency for your S4 is set very low. Try increasing it.

And buy an adapter so you can plug your speakers into the rear RCA sockets.
    I gotta use my laptops soundcard instead of my S4 bc when I use the S4 soundcard it overloads my laptop and makes a static pop sound, and this way I can use my S4 phones jack for my headphones which im trying to get Cue to work so I only hear the channel I cue through my headphones only, which is the part that I cant figure out.
    I was going to get that adapter but I just plug my speakers into the headphone jack on my laptop and that works for that so dont need to order the adapter if my external speakers are working as internal speakers (laptop)

But for my latency, I cant increase it when im on my laptops soundcard. Its disabled and wont let me
    ...Is latency the like volume output? because my S4 records really quiet and plays volume really quiet? So I'd def want that to increase that a bunch but it doesnt show in my image I posted but beside the Latency where [Settings] should be, Its not there. Its only there when I have S4 soundcard enabled. Which I dont want bc I dont have the adapter. Or will I *have* to get the adapter to increase Latency bc my laptops soundcard wont allow it?

Tech Guru

Your S4 latency is set too low which is why you are getting the overload and pops. You can increase the latency using the Kontrol S4 Control Panel.

Speakers should be connected to the rear of the S4; if you don't have the correct wires/adapters I suggest you buy them asap.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Tech Mentor

The latency is most likely the issue as makar said - but you don't adjust it using that little slider, you need to click "settings", which should pop up another little white window, and you can adjust the settings from there. I used to have huge load problems but I was being an idiot by running at 96k with 512 latency or something stupid. Anyway, I dropped it down to 44.1k with 256, and it solved everything. So try that, leave the USB buffer alone for now but if you still have load problems, increase it.
    Countenance - (n). Appearance or expression. (v.) Admit or accept as possible.

Tech Guru

You shouldn't be dropping your latency/process buffer size. Leave sampling frequency at 44100Hz as that's what all your music will be at, and increase the process buffer size to 256 samples to begin with.

Tech Mentor

Well, what I did worked for me, anyway do what Makar says and increase your latency and the popping should stop.
    Countenance - (n). Appearance or expression. (v.) Admit or accept as possible.

Ok so I finally got my cord ordered and plugged it in, works good. except my main problem still is that when I press [Cue] on the channel it doesnt stop the sound and play only in my headset? Im trying to CUE a loop before a transition and it still just plays through my main audio??

Tech Guru

Did you set your Output Routing correctly

Didnt touch it, setting should I change?
    Really new at this sorry lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast