Burning tracks to Cds
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Burning tracks to Cds

What is the best way to burn tracks to cds?

1 track/cd, 2 tracks?

Wav, Flac. etc...

Tech Guru

You can't (realistically) choose between WAV and FLAC. Either you burn an uncompressed Audio CD (WAV quality), or you burn MP3s as a Data CD.

1 track/CD sounds ridiculous to me. I'd burn as many as you can fit onto a disc, and make 2 copies if you are unsure what order you'll want them in.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

As said above. As many tracks as you can squeeze on a CD, and burn 2 of them so you can mix and mash between them. I also use printable CD's and a CD printer for printing track-listings on the cd's.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Tech Mentor

i was only burning one track/CD, then i quickly ran out of CD's and decided to rethink the burning process

i was only burning one track/CD, then i quickly ran out of CD's and decided to rethink the burning process
    Good thinking.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Search around on youtube for interviews with big name djs and they usually do one release per cd, up to four tracks max.

If you want the bottom line, here's my advice - do that method if you are getting paid for gigs and if you have time for it. Because trust me, that stuff takes time (labeling/printing, burning, and even picking the right cd brand-taiyo yuden) If not, I suggest doing all audio discs with 8-10 tracks max on each disc, and even that gets cumbersome.

In the end, I just use Traktor with control discs and deal with using a laptop (I hate it).
    Twitter
    Soundcloud
    Beatport Tunes
    EOB | In Da Jungle Rec. | IQ Ent. | Plush Rec. | Point 9 Audio | Rotation Deep | Section 8 | SubDepth | UnitOvOne

I try to get 10 tracks on each disc and keep two copies of each. I always burn at a rather slow speed, x4, but I can't for sure say it's necessary.
    1210s - DJM-909 - MBP 13" - A6 - http://martinoscarsson.com

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    You can't (realistically) choose between WAV and FLAC. Either you burn an uncompressed Audio CD (WAV quality), or you burn MP3s as a Data CD.

1 track/CD sounds ridiculous to me. I'd burn as many as you can fit onto a disc, and make 2 copies if you are unsure what order you'll want them in.
    i burn mp3s to Audio CDs, i think i'm revolutionary

i think around 8 tunes per CD should be the maximum, when you burn more tunes per one, you're starting to limit yourself when mixng (if you don't burn doubles that is) and if you burn less, you quickly run out of cd's and space in the wallet, it's up to you to find the balance.

Tech Mentor

It's not just how many tracks you burn per cd, but also what tracks you burn too. I imagine I would probably burn my cd's in Key & genre, so one cd is in one key, and the next in another and so on, but in the same genre. And doubles of each cd also.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Tech Mentor

ooh i never thought of burning a CD in the same Key,

I always do same genre, and low speeds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast