Serato Live

Thread: Serato Live

Default Serato Live

So I've tried recording a mix via the Serato Live within the software, but the sound is distorted or too low, I've even gone through all the song choices and set the levels. Any advice? I'm still in the process of setting up my studio which will give me much more options to record properly but for now and in the meantime I'd like to just record a decent recording on my Macbook Pro in Scratch Live. I thought you could record your mixes directly within the software, maybe a setting I don't know about? Help?

Tech Guru

what SL card are you using, and how are you routing it to your mixer so you can record. You need to use aux.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Default DJ Bobby Hickz

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    what SL card are you using, and how are you routing it to your mixer so you can record. You need to use aux.
    Using the Rane SL 2, which has an in put and out put, so rather than connecting my turntables, I'm just routing that to aux. Does that make sense? And then there is a record section within the software, but the quality isn't to my standards. I'm thinking of just geting another usb interface and opening up garage band and recording that way, at least I will be able to add a compressor and other filters. Thoughts.

it is better to record in low and bring up levels in separate DAW software
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--