Maschine as Livedeck with Audio8 and external Mixer?!?
    Tech Convert

Default Maschine as Livedeck with Audio8 and external Mixer?!?

Hi All,

I have a Macbook, Audio8,X1,external Mixer and newly I have a Maschine.

So my actually Setup is I use 2 TrackDecks (A&B) which goes to A=output 1/2 (on the A8 from there with a Cable to the Mixer Channel1) , B=output 3/4 (on the A8 from there with a Cable to the Mixer Channel2)

Im am controlling the 2 Track Decks with my X1.

Now I want following:

The sound from the Maschine should be routed in a the LiveDeckC and from there to the out ports 5/6 on the A8 and with a cable in the Mixer Channel3

I know that I must use JackOSX for this setup. But I don’t know how this is possible

I theory I know you can do it also with hard cable like:

DeckA (like normal) out on 1/2 and than to Channel1 on the mixer
    DeckB (like normal) out on 3/4 and than to Channel2 on the mixer
    Maschine Out to out (in software) 5/6- and the cable from 5/6 to in 5/6 than in traktor DeckC to out 7/8 and the cable from out 7/8 to Channel3 on the Mixer.

But than I cannot use DeckD as for example TrackDeck in future cause my soundcard has not enough out ports and also I cant record my mix.

I have read the traktor bible and much in this forum but all I found was solutions with internal mixer mode or/and S2/S4.

Can anybody give me a advice for a solution?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: I forgot sync is not the topic- I have maschine in sync via IAC that’s all ok

Tech Guru

Are you routing Maschine through a Traktor deck so you can use FX? You could always just send it straight to your external mixer to free up your decks.

And you still seem to have 3 sets of unused inputs - what's stopping you from recording the mix?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Are you routing Maschine through a Traktor deck so you can use FX? You could always just send it straight to your external mixer to free up your decks.

And you still seem to have 3 sets of unused inputs - what's stopping you from recording the mix?
    Hi Makar1,

yes i want to use the FX from traktor on the maschine- also I want to map the play button (for LiveDeck) that I can start/stop the maschin playing cause if I sync up the maschine the play button isnt available.

Do you know how I can route it ?

That I have DeckA&B (trackdecks) on separate mixer channel and maschin on a 3rd extra mixer channle but routet through traktor ?

Tech Guru

There's a detailed tutorial on Traktor Bible explaining all about joining Traktor and Maschine using JackOSX
    http://www.traktorbible.com/en/t2_maschine_ta10.aspx

What problems were you having with recording your mix?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    There's a detailed tutorial on Traktor Bible explaining all about joining Traktor and Maschine using JackOSX
    http://www.traktorbible.com/en/t2_maschine_ta10.aspx

What problems were you having with recording your mix?
    Thank you Makar1 for your answer.

This Tutorial I have read over and over and over But this Tutorial only shows how you can route all DECKS from Traktor in the Maschine. But there I cant find anything about Maschine route in a TrackDeck in Traktor.

If i think again regarding the mix recording problem... its not a problem