URGENT HELP NEEDED... numark ns6 problems
    Tech Wizard

Default URGENT HELP NEEDED... numark ns6 problems

hello, i have numark ns6 and serato itch 2.2.2.... an upgrade from numark mixtrack pro and traktor scratch pro 2... i am far from happy with serato.. when serato is open you have a browse folder (music) section then another box below for crates.. why cant i delete songs in the crates or delete the crates themselves..?? its pathetic... i miss traktor but i cannot find a traktor mapping that is good with the ns6.. is there any other dj software that i can use with numark ns6..?? also i cannot use my korg padkontrol with serato to control effects and hot cue's like in traktor... i was settled and confident with traktor now its all crumbled as i have to use serato itch for decent response from the ns6..
    here is what im after..
    1. help with serato itch as i find it pathetic..
    2. how to delete crates and manage my music in serato
    3. can i use my korg padkontrol with serato itch for effects and hot cue control
    4. an alternative software for my numark ns6
    or
    5. someone who wants to buy numark ns6 as im close to having enough of the crappy serato and getting my mixtrack pro and traktor back..

like for example in serato my beat grids are not even close to being correct even when i manually set them at the start of the beat then by midtrack its miles out.. for example two track both on 140 bpm should align and play nicely together but in my case it ends up miles out and clashing but in traktor these same 2 tracks stay in perfect sync.. i dont understand how that can happen when both tracks are playing at 140 bpm...
    ahhh i am so angry with serato as thre numark ns6 is brilliand and the response time (latency) is brilliant but the actual software lets this product down..

any help at all or any suggestions would be appriciated soooo much as i have contacted serato several times and had no reply or help from them..
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME TO READ THIS EVEN IF YOU CANNOT HELP AT ALL...
    from an annoyed Dj,
    Darren (E-FecT)

Tech Mentor

I know naff all about Serato Itch tbqh but I have seen a few NS6 Traktor mappings

http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ne.aspx?id=167

http://www.uniquesquared.com/blog/29.../#comment-1937
    The mapping is there as a zip file if you click on the blue links

I checked the mapping section here for you too but NS6 is too small for the search engine and I got bored looking thro the pages of results for Numark

Or you could map it to Traktor yourself.

1. help with serato itch as i find it pathetic..
    Upgrade to seratoDJ.

2. how to delete crates and manage my music in serato
    ctrl + delete.

3. can i use my korg padkontrol with serato itch for effects and hot cue control
    Yes.

4. an alternative software for my numark ns6
    seratoDJ

my beat grids are not even close to being correct even when i manually set them at the start of the beat then by midtrack its miles out.. for example two track both on 140 bpm should align and play nicely together but in my case it ends up miles out and clashing but in traktor these same 2 tracks stay in perfect sync.. i dont understand how that can happen when both tracks are playing at 140 bpm...
    Mark your first cue point and adjust the grid using arrow keys.

ahhh i am so angry with serato as thre numark ns6 is brilliand and the response time (latency) is brilliant but the actual software lets this product down..
    I've never had a problem with it personally... At any rate - I hope I've helped. Now que all the serato hate.

Tech Wizard

where can i look to find how to map padkontrol to serato to control hot cues and effects.. im going to try serato dj now.. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d4rr3n87 View Post
    where can i look to find how to map padkontrol to serato to control hot cues and effects.. im going to try serato dj now.. thanks
    plug in the controller. open serato. click the Midi button in serato. Click the control you want to assign in seratos interface. Activate the corresponding control on your controller. Once you are done assigning controls, turn the midi button off.

Super easy.