using cdjs with rane sl3 box and traktor - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Serious talk: Show up early to try these suggestions, have a plan a, b, and c. At a minimum have a mix on a USB or CD in the event you are still fumbling around and need to have some music going.

You don't need any external soundcard if you are using the soundcard from the CDJ's. The RCA's from the CDJ's will directly into the mixer. USB will go into your computer.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

Yup, plenty of time and options is the best way to go. Always keep a spare interface with you, in this case the SL3.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    Download aggregator, connect CDJ's via USB, run aggregator, launch Traktor, push LINK on CDJ and select deck to control, play.

You will also need to be running Traktor 2.6, and the CDJ2000's will need firmware version 4.20
    ok but what am i running into the mixer.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by a burdenless pig View Post
    ok but what am i running into the mixer.
    RCA's from CDJ's to the mixer... just like normal.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Well i plan on bringing my kontrol s4 and just seeing if this will work with the cdj's. I have never used cdjs before and there is no way I can afford them right now. So this was going to be my first time. Even if I play around with them for the first hour before my set starts and then move to my s4 to do my actual set. That little bit of time with them would help me figure out how they work and what i need to adjust in my workflow to utilize them better.
    BTW they are 2000's.

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    RCA's from CDJ's to the mixer... just like normal.
    haha excuse my ignorance, but i just have to get this straight...each cdj will have a usb and regular rca's running from it. rca's into the mixer, usb into the macbook.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by a burdenless pig View Post
    haha excuse my ignorance, but i just have to get this straight...each cdj will have a usb and regular rca's running from it. rca's into the mixer, usb into the macbook.
    Exactly.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Mentor

Here's some good info on using CDJ's with Traktor in HID mode.

http://blog.dubspot.com/native-instr...d-controllers/

Thank you so much everyone for your help. As you can tell my experience djing with house equipment is minimal. I appreciate your patience

So in a sense cdjs are now better integrated into traktor then they are into serato?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast