Soundcards

Thread: Soundcards

Tech Convert

Default Soundcards

Hey guys, noob question here. Im thinking of getting a vci 100 and Im just wondering about different soundcards.

Specificially the audio 2 dj and the 4dj, can someone point out the major differences in the two in terms of say, use in a club, or hooking them up to speakers etc.

Thanks

welcome to the forums. the main difference is the number of outputs and the addition of inputs on the audio4, also the audio4 being rca outs/in, and the audio2 being 1/4"

for the purpose you suggested with a vci-100 where you don't need inputs like you would for a dvs setup, either would wok.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

A2DJ has a particular advantage in that there is a control on the output volume on the box. So if you use it for your general soundcard you have some say in what gets to the speaker from your computer.

A2DJ has a particular disadvantage in that there is no inputs.

A4DJ is fully DVS compatible so if you can see yourself wanting to go with control vinyl (or CDs) in your DJing future, you might want to bite the bullet and go that way now. But Charo is 100% right in that both will work well for your described needs.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Default M Audio fast track pro SOUNDCARD

I am an up and coming dj. i am wondering if the M audio fast track pro allows me to connect 2 turntables and a external mixer.
    thanks

Tech Guru

Why are you bumping a 3 year old thread? You don't need a sound card to connect turntables to a mixer.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Default M Audio fast track pro SOUNDCARD

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Why are you bumping a 3 year old thread? You don't need a sound card to connect turntables to a mixer.

hey man
    well im i live in Vietnam because i work here and the only soundcard i can find in any music store is this one and a roland one. will roland work?
    i need the sound card so i can use my macbook.
    regards

Tech Guru

The M-Audio Fast Track Pro is designed for microphones and pick-up instruments, not turntables.
    What are you using the turntables for?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Default Cdjs

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    The M-Audio Fast Track Pro is designed for microphones and pick-up instruments, not turntables.
    What are you using the turntables for?
    I am using cdj 400s
    And i know that they have an inbuilt sound card but the connection is terrible.
    Thanks
    So what do you recomend except for native instruments?
    Thanks

If you wish to use timecode with traktor you will need a certified NI soundcard and purchase the scratch upgrade. if you buy new scratch is included
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "