Advice on current and future setup

Default Advice on current and future setup

Hey guys,

im in a dilema now with my setup, i dont know how to alter or how to change it.

Here are my needs: i need a setup to dj and do live performances, but i dj abroad my country so it involves flying with planes, traveling. I used to just dj from cds most of the time but i just feel thats not enough for me.

For now i have: Novation Launchpad, Korg NanoKontrol 2 and Traktor Audio 2. I had traveled with this setup and tbh its a bit of a chore because not only i have to take all in the backpack + laptop but aswel CABLES (3x usb cables + audio cables, headphones and USB Hub with Powersuply).

Personaly i like alot launchpad especialy when i mapped to traktor pro 2, so i am thinking to change nanokontrol to Novation Nocturn to get more "logical" layout (just ofcourse without faders) to control the mixer.

Or i have another thought, maybe just to abandon all that gear and get instead Allen and Heath Xone:K2? But i see its not from the smallest devices, i dont know if it would fit to the backpack along with the laptop?

How is the audio interface? is it enough good to match Traktor Audio 2?

What would be your advice? I need device/devices that would be able to give me full control to traktor 2, in the same time i need audio interface and all would be portable. And aswel that gear should be easely used for Live perofrmances using FL 11 Performance mode or ableton live.

Some ideas:

Novation Twitch
    Behringer modular mixer unit
    Livid Code
    Livid Cntrlr

I don't like the studio style fader caps on the K2, but other than it offers a lot.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

The K2 is pretty darn small, 2 of them should fit without any problem into a moderate size laptop bag + laptop.

thanks for the advices!

Livid Cntrlr looks damn sweet, but the price is really quite big

Hmm but how is the width?

Thats the thing i worry about, it seems its 36 centimeters and lets say my laptop is 14 inch (wich is in width 34 cm) and is taking nearly exactly the space in lenght of my laptop bag. I imagine with carry case its even more.

Although having all in one solution is tempting.

Anyone tried nocturn with traktor's mixer?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I've flown with my APC40 + Soundcard + Macbook 13' + Cables + Camera in the same bag as carry-on without any problems.

Suggestion: Get a bigger bag :P