Reloop TM2 + timecode Vinyl + VDJ Pro 7.3 Can it be done?

Default Reloop TM2 + timecode Vinyl + VDJ Pro 7.3 Can it be done?

Hi I have a TM2 running through VDJ Pro 7.3 on a MBP which I love to bits. I would like to add a pair of turntables (a super OEM variant) with Rane CV02 timecode vinyl into my setup but the TM2 only has support for a single phono in.

Would it be possible by using an external sound card (Maya 44 or NI Audio 6 or even an Spin! 2+)rather than the TM2s internal soundcard to use the timecode vinyl on desks 3 & 4 of the TM2?

Would decks 1+2 still function as previously and would I loose any other controls (eq, cues, fx)?

Struggling to understand how or if this set up could work, would it be simpler to trade the TM2 and pick up a Jockey III ME? Really dont want to do this a the TM2 works great and other than the issue above dont feel any need to change

As far as I know, the TM2 (and TM4) don't actually route the line/phono in on the back into USB anyway, so you can't even use a single deck with timecode. You CAN, however, use a separate external sound card with VDJ to do exactly what you were talking about

thanks for the info mdc. the tm2 does have the single phono/line in on the back. For all intents and purposes its the same as the tm4 but without the eq and sliders for decks 3/4. you can switch decks 1/2 to 3/4 and the controls for the extra deks switch accordingly.

If I use an external sound card will the eqs, faders etc be usable on the vinyl routed through 3/4?

It should do; the audio routing is separate from the MIDI control signals. The jogwheels themselves may even work, depending on your mapping, although you may want to re-map them specifically to something else like multi-parameter FX control or VST modulation to get some really freaky effects out of it

With Traktor, you'd have to create an aggregate device in order to make use of two soundcards simultaneously, but Virtual DJ provides that functionality in the software. Still, if it was ME doing this, I'd just go out and buy Traktor Scratch A6 and use the Audio 6 for everything, just using the TM2 as a control surface Plus, Traktor's far, far better than Virtual DJ.
    Last edited by mdcdesign; 02-20-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Cheers MDC you are the only person over four bloody forums that has given me an proper answer. Looks like I will pick up an Audio 6 at the very least and most likey the full Scratch A6 package. That way if VDJ doesnt cut the mustard its easy enough to make the switch. Thanks for the help

the aux input on the tm2 will route either through the master output (no fader control) or to a spare deck as audio through. you can use it just as midi controller and connect a separate soundcard, using the deck switch buttons to control your timecode channels (3&4).
    i also echo the sentiments above on traktor scratch

cheers Matrick, looks as if I may have to buy Scratch anyway as the audio 6 is only avaiable as part of a combo in the UK now. Not sure if this is the same in the US?