Dj tech kontrol one??
    Tech Wizard

Default Dj tech kontrol one??

hey guys.. have the oppurtunity to pick up two kontrol ones in a road case that will fit a 2ch mixer in between for $250 are they worth it?
    has anyone had any experience?
    i can map well in traktor been doing it for over a year and they look like a dream for me, plus the metal construction is a bonus,
    if anyone can help out id really appreciate it!

They're solid units, they are just dying for a decent updated mapping, the one you get with it is horribly out of date..

I love the touch sensitive platters (we have a few older DJ Tech products sitting around at my work), at that price I think its a good deal, as long as your ready for the mapping work...

Tech Wizard

thats good news, i personally think they are perfect for me and what i want to do.. of course mapping them, i mapped a numark dj2go and my laptop keyboard to control everything i use in traktor and i want to pair these with an f1 to really lose myself in mapping for a few days and come out with a solid set up i can take with me to clubs and still have complete control.

I'd be keen as to have a look at the mapping when your done. I've tried bits and pieces but never had time to really sit down and work on it.....

Tech Wizard

ill be sure to upload a vid when im done (hopefully by the weekend!)

where are you in melbourne? would love some help putting together a killer mapping

Quote Originally Posted by tescor View Post
    ill be sure to upload a vid when im done (hopefully by the weekend!)

where are you in melbourne? would love some help putting together a killer mapping
    Coburg/Brunswick area.... work in Fairfield.

I've got a DJ Tech Mixer One sitting around as well I've been thinking of having a crack at mapping too, they stopped supporting this shit properly what seems like decades ago, and I have contact with the factories/technical departments.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    Coburg/Brunswick area.... work in Fairfield.

I've got a DJ Tech Mixer One sitting around as well I've been thinking of having a crack at mapping too, they stopped supporting this shit properly what seems like decades ago, and I have contact with the factories/technical departments.

oh nice im in blackburn..
    oh really, any chance you would keen on selling it?

yeah i cant find much on the net but i dont really care about support if i can map it, ill get the most out of it for sure, with 4 layers of controls possibilities are almost endless

Quote Originally Posted by tescor View Post
    oh nice im in blackburn..
    oh really, any chance you would keen on selling it?

yeah i cant find much on the net but i dont really care about support if i can map it, ill get the most out of it for sure, with 4 layers of controls possibilities are almost endless
    The Mixer One? Yeah sure, it's a sample unit we got in a while ago, I'd have to work out a price....

I'll send you a PM with my email address.