Traktor F1 videos in a "normal" club setting?
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor F1 videos in a "normal" club setting?

Are there videos out there where someone uses remix decks and a F1 as complimentary tool to a "normal" club set? I see videos of artists and spokespeople creating music with different samples - which is cool - but im interested in seeing it enhancing a club set....

Umm, this comes to mind right away, but it's a routine as well, maybe not what you're looking for

Tech Guru

The F1 is a great tool but it's definitely requires a different mind set. It's not like FX or transitions that work well together in the moment. It usually requires more prep work and alot more planning.
    It seems you can either rebuild songs, or add layers of samples to existing songs. I think both of these require more creating your own loops. It doesn't work so well to pull full loops from songs into the remix decks, they quickly become repetitive. You either want acapellas, instrumentals, or stems.

Tech Guru

I use one at my club nights, usually I have the percussion in column one, bass in column two on loops, and then column three and four as one shots, then I have an acapella loaded in deck A or B, usually hot cue'd up at it,s different sections. As far as the crowd knows, it's a per recorded mix, but your regulars will soon realise you're up to some msuical wizardry when they come back the week after and the mix is different. You can also express gross vanity and have a video feed focused on your setup so people can see you play. Not my cup of tea, but it appears to work well for various big name artists.

Tech Mentor

I'm just using it as an additional MIDI controller. Pads are cue points, faders + knobs are effect superknobs. It's probably overkill, but I'm a sucker for RGB LEDs and the big pads are nice for drunk button-slamming-without-actually-doing-something. No video though.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

SBTRKT uses two in his boiler room set
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d