New Big Room House track - I used a sample from the move "Anchorman"
    Tech Wizard

Default New Big Room House track - I used a sample from the move "Anchorman"

This is a bit different from my usual electro style, but I wanted to experiment and see what other types of house music I could produce. Thoughts and comments appreciated!

Tech Mentor

Well and truly enjoyed that. The first thing that hit me as impressive was the seriously deep bass, loved it.
    Got a little bored waiting for something to happen from 1:00 until the breakdown at 2:05, but I understand that what came before was probably just intended to be bonus beats for mixing in.
    Then...2:17...some brilliant classic house piano...if there's one thing I love it's the retro house piano sound. Then, to top it all off, the wailing synth chords...and if there's one thing I like almost as much as retro house piano, it's wailing synth chords.

This is a top notch job man; "Big Room" style house has caught my interest before, but I don't know a lot about it, do you know where I could get more info?
    Countenance - (n). Appearance or expression. (v.) Admit or accept as possible.

Deff dope track! the Anchorman sample fits very well.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by CountenanT View Post
    Well and truly enjoyed that. The first thing that hit me as impressive was the seriously deep bass, loved it.
    Got a little bored waiting for something to happen from 1:00 until the breakdown at 2:05, but I understand that what came before was probably just intended to be bonus beats for mixing in.
    Then...2:17...some brilliant classic house piano...if there's one thing I love it's the retro house piano sound. Then, to top it all off, the wailing synth chords...and if there's one thing I like almost as much as retro house piano, it's wailing synth chords.

This is a top notch job man; "Big Room" style house has caught my interest before, but I don't know a lot about it, do you know where I could get more info?
    Thanks man! The song is actually intended to be mixed quickly in the first 30 seconds. When the bassline comes in is when i would end the transition. I made the beginning of the track to basically be used as an interlude track that would surprise an audience after a series of heavy hitting tracksAs for the "Big Room" style house, it's tough to explain but my personal definition would be something that would sound awesome in a really huge room. Some examples of Big Room house can be found here.

Thanks for the support!

Tech Mentor

Cheers, I'll take a look at that. My first known experience with Big Room was the Laidback Luke remix of Martel - Ricochet, and I really liked it. It caught my interest a few times after but I really didn't know where to go with it.

Ah OK, I'm not used to doing such long or progressive mixes is why, I'd only be dropping it 30 seconds before the breakdown but that's just me :P It's a great track anyway!
    Countenance - (n). Appearance or expression. (v.) Admit or accept as possible.