Is an Audio 2 sufficient?

Default Is an Audio 2 sufficient?

So I've got an X1 and a mixtrack pro, but I'm replacing my mixtrack pro with a xone 22 mixer. In that case, I need a soundcard also.

I notice they discontinued the audio 4, so it's between audio 2 and audio 6. All I really need is cue, and RCA for speakers

Is there any reason to go for an Audio 6 with this setup? I'd rather not fork over an extra 150$ for some outputs/inputs I won't use/don't need.

Anyone care to explain what the benefits would or if there is any need? I've never owned a soundcard and don't know much about it.

Tech Guru

You can buy a used Audio 4 for relatively cheap. 100-150.

Audio 2 should be enough though. Send out two signals on the audio 2 to the two separate channels and headphoens into the mixer I think.

wanna use time code? audio 4

happy using the X1? audio 2

both are great soundcards

I would love an Audio 4, but I cannot for the life of me find one used or new for sale, anywhere at all.

Tech Guru

Haha.. I just sold my Audio 4. It was weird... there was like a TON of audio 4 and 6 going on eBay and now there's absolutely none.

There's a few Audio 6 though.

discontinuing the audio 4 was a dick move. mine is in a good home now
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "