Traktor iOS - For Controllerism?
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor iOS - For Controllerism?

I see a long thread for general Traktor iOS comments. Let me start this one related to tips and tricks (and complaints) for controllerism-like performances?

... this is for all those people who are a bit trigger happy on cue-points and adding effects to your effects
    ... aka,... all you people who fell in love with midi-fighters like me but love to see an iPad Traktor app)

So... what up?
    How you going to beat this app up?

I love using 'Freeze' play... except for a few annoying issues:
    -- I'm at the mercy of the Beat Grid for what can be triggered?
    -- If I want to be crazy freestyle, I need to turn SYNC off... but then the song's bpm changes back to it's original which then no longer matches the bpm of the other track

Plus...
    Does anyone know how to use the cue points as cue-pause instead of cue-play?
    Last edited by padi_04; 02-22-2013 at 08:23 PM. Reason: merge

Tech Convert

hey... I just discovered that you can set the quantize for 'Freeze' play in settings.... the default must be 1/2 beat. That was my trouble when trying to tap out crazy rhythms, it was snapping to 1/2 beats...

for going cue crazy it could be made smaller... I'll check this out and let you know how it goes...

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Plus...
    Does anyone know how to use the cue points as cue-pause instead of cue-play?
    Not possible in the current version. I have requested that cue points handle as in Traktor pro cus it's odd to have them play but... I like using load markers as play buttons so I'm torn on the matter.

Tech Convert

Ok... Find settings when in the music browser at the bottom-left of the screen... Turn Quantize to 1/4... Big help

I still struggle when trying to be stupid crazy. I've got to turn SYNC off, but then my tempo is all wrong.

I've got a few tracks that are just samples... No beat...
    These are trouble. Cues are never where I want them because the track doesn't have a regular tempo, thus samples don't line up with any regular beat grid.

Cues set within the app only snap to the grid.

I'm running an older version of Traktor on my laptop (pre 2.0) that is married to a heavily modified VCI-100... So forget about any cue pint sharing... Because my cue points there are just fine, but they don't sync over (I read tats a 2.6 feature)

Traktor DJ is amazing... But it needs to let go of its urge to make us all use SYNC?
    Last edited by dangerboy; 02-23-2013 at 01:44 AM.