VCI 100 light arcade buttons
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default VCI 100 light arcade buttons

I was wondering if its possible to fine 24mm arcade see through light up buttons like this http://lizardlick.com/images/for_sal...s/ps14kn_w.jpg.

(the one shown there is too big 30mm)

I was hoping I could get something like that so after I mod my VCI I will still have the buttons light up like the original ones.
    Electro House

[Podcast] Adrian P : Bangin' On Ya System

Subscribe!

Just a word of warning - Eans tested every arcade button on the face of the planet including LED lit ones and nothing is quite as good as the ones that ship our units with. Which is quite sad really, it would be awesome to have the buttons light up and still keep the awesome response of the arcade buttons that we ship with.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the warning.

I just wasn't sure if someone has done it or not. I wish those 24 mm buttons were in transparent white. It looked soo sweet in my head (but that dream has been crushed :'()
    Electro House

[Podcast] Adrian P : Bangin' On Ya System

Subscribe!

Heat.

G.

Tech Convert

Default Backlighting?

If I put very medium strong LED flashlight underneath the VCI-100 board would the light shine through enough to make the buttons glow??

Tech Guru

IIRC the 3 deck vci-100 featured lighted arcade buttons.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Convert

Default Yes I had read that thread...

I wonder about the I thought the Acade button kit did light up- just got it and found it does not...

That 3 deck VCI guy had a cool feature as the button stays lit for one cycle and turns off again.

I wonder if he likes them...and if Ean tried the same button. I'll even pay to send Ean a button to have him compare it to what he has tried. I really would like this feature, and I am hesitant to install buttons which do not light up....might help me from making a mistake...ie hitting the wrong deck... happens to the best of us...lol.

Tech Wizard

light up buttons wuld be great

Tech Wizard

I'm not sure, but I think combining some clear (or transparent coloured) 33mm arcade buttons with the actual switching mechanism from the buttons Ean scouted (available via the DJTT store) might produce the desired result. Just add some LEDs and resistors, and you're off. Or on. Depending on the button's state as reported by Traktor. :P

It would take some hefty experimentation to make the stuff all fit together properly, seeing as different buttons, while reproducing the same approximate effects, are all designed differently.

Do you think it would work without too much hassle, BentoSan?

I'm thinking of rigging up my own removable arcade button mod (so I can keep the case in its original shape, and just wire a plug into the case so the arcade buttons take the place of the original buttons when plugged in) that can be unplugged when not needing to cue juggle, etc. That sentence made no sense, but I'm too tired to figure out how to fix it. This method would also save me the trouble and cost of finding a shop to cut my VCI for me, or trying to do it myself (and inevitably failing). :P

-ATP
    Last edited by DJ ATP; 11-05-2009 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Grammar

Tech Guru

the external arcade mod sounds a lot like... the nanopad/lpd8.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast