Single Jog Wheel Midi Controllers? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The VTT 101 is pretty decent. Im thinking about grabbing one just to have around the house for our little one.

How is the jog wheel on the reloop? WHo has one?

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    How is the jog wheel on the reloop? WHo has one?
    I have, and it's great. I wouldn't scratch with it, but then again I wouldn't scratch with anything other than vinyl (or a Numark CDX). I've seen DJ Angelo do some pretty sweet things with the Contours though, scratch-wise.

The Contour's real strength lies in the FX section and Cue pads, plus the 5 different jog modes come in handy for track selection/searching/pitchbending without having to avoid touching the top of the jogwheel, etc. You can also remap it VERY easily for one-button Flux mode, simply by changing the default jogmode from deck volume control to scratching, and then using the "Scratch" mode for Flux.

Thanks for the tip mate. Im thinking about picking up one controller edition and one interface edition since theyre so cheap and remapping one of the knobs to adjust the tempo since the faders are so short. It and the Denon have been my favorite too researching so far.

I own a pair of DN-SC2000 and they're really nice. Build is rock solid too. The only "con" I can say is the metallic top of the jog wheel, a bit slippery but no real big deal. Had to find a weak point somewhere huh?
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    Thanks for the tip mate. Im thinking about picking up one controller edition and one interface edition since theyre so cheap and remapping one of the knobs to adjust the tempo since the faders are so short. It and the Denon have been my favorite too researching so far.
    Np dude; the best way to control pitch with the Contours is to map Shift + Jogturn in "Pitchbend" mode to control the tempo fader, you can get REALLY fine control over pitch that way, as well as make large changes without much effort

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Np dude; the best way to control pitch with the Contours is to map Shift + Jogturn in "Pitchbend" mode to control the tempo fader, you can get REALLY fine control over pitch that way, as well as make large changes without much effort
    Thats a friggin awesome idea! Thanks bruv.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12