Frank112916's deet lab set up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Frank112916's deet lab set up

So I started djing two years ago with little knowledge and a lot of hope. Started out originally on an s4 and crappy reloop headphones, but then sold that to get this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361638907.450505.jpg

That's still my current setup for the most part. Love my dn x-1600 and tech 12s. Added the x1 a bit later on and Painted my tech-12s flat black. I bought hd-II headphones and now I've finally upgraded my monitors to something a but more...substantial...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361639024.050636.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361639053.067272.jpg

I did not realize quite how big the rp8s were when I ordered them. haha. Once I get my new apartment Ill be building myself a proper ikea setup and mini studio to do some production work. I kind of want to upgrade to a pio 900nxs but I think the better route may be to get an rmx-1000. Someone give me some advice! I toyed around with getting cdj 2ks for a while but everyone says that's useless and a waste of money w/ traktor and I enjoy the laptop for the freedom and ability to mix dynamically.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    So I started djing two years ago with little knowledge and a lot of hope. Started out originally on an s4 and crappy reloop headphones, but then sold that to get this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361638907.450505.jpg

That's still my current setup for the most part. Love my dn x-1600 and tech 12s. Added the x1 a bit later on and Painted my tech-12s flat black. I bought hd-II headphones and now I've finally upgraded my monitors to something a but more...substantial...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361639024.050636.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361639053.067272.jpg

I did not realize quite how big the rp8s were when I ordered them. haha. Once I get my new apartment Ill be building myself a proper ikea setup and mini studio to do some production work. I kind of want to upgrade to a pio 900nxs but I think the better route may be to get an rmx-1000. Someone give me some advice! I toyed around with getting cdj 2ks for a while but everyone says that's useless and a waste of money w/ traktor and I enjoy the laptop for the freedom and ability to mix dynamically.
    Personally, if I was using timecode, I'd replace the conventional mixer with an all-in-one controller, something like the Reloop Jockey 3; that way, you've got full control over FX, loops, beatjumping, cue points etc, while still being able to use the TTs for transport and scratching. It also means if you go out to do a more commercial set somewhere, you can leave the TTs at home and just use the controller for everything.

It'd be a FAR better investment than the RMX-1000.

EDIT: Like this:

Nice setup man.
    I've been thinking about gettint that mixer,you good with it?Any problems,how is the build quality?

Quote Originally Posted by shogg View Post
    Nice setup man.
    I've been thinking about gettint that mixer,you good with it?Any problems,how is the build quality?
    I really enjoy it and have had absolutely zero problems. The one problem I had was back w/ traktor scratch 2.0 where it would take FOREVER to recognize the soundcard. Now it's all gravy though. Build quality is absolutely solid. Full metal construction. All the knobs and buttons feel great, faders are awesome. I can't complain about the mixer except for the FX section and the lack of a good filter. That's why I wanted to move to a DJM or RMX.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Personally, if I was using timecode, I'd replace the conventional mixer with an all-in-one controller, something like the Reloop Jockey 3; that way, you've got full control over FX, loops, beatjumping, cue points etc, while still being able to use the TTs for transport and scratching. It also means if you go out to do a more commercial set somewhere, you can leave the TTs at home and just use the controller for everything.

It'd be a FAR better investment than the RMX-1000.

EDIT: Like this:
    I have an X1 for all of that. I enjoy the ergonomics of a real mixer better than a controller. I had the S4 and something just didn't feel very...connected...to me. I just don't enjoy mixing in the box. I fully mapped my X1600 as a midi controller just to see what I liked better, and I can say fully that mixing using a real mixer with real gain control and on-board FX is so much more intuitive to me. I just enjoy a more simplistic workflow. If I was going to get a midi controller I'd ditch the TT's entirely and go with a DDJ SX. If I were to ever go out and mix I'd just use the club's CDJ's or bring my Turntables like I used to.

djm 900 nexus... problem solved

I gave in and got an RMX. Love the damn thing!
    TSP2|MFSPECTRA|TECHNICS1200MK2/M3D|WIN764BIT
    MASCHINESTUDIO|KNTRLZ2|KNTRLX1MK2|KNTRLF1|DICERS|V-MODA

Do you get lot of latency with the internal sound card of the mixer?

Quote Originally Posted by shogg View Post
    Do you get lot of latency with the internal sound card of the mixer?
    Nope. Works just like any scratch certified sound card. Just less cables. And I have an audio 6 for when I gig out so I've tested both. I used the audio 6 for a while when the dn x1600 was acting up with my MacBook. The only difference is less cables.

I used to gig with it too. Brought it to more than a few gigs before I bought my audio 6 and when I was doing a regular thing at a bar with a pio djm600 which was complete balls.

As a side note: the xfader is amazing for a 4 channel club mixer. You can change the cut in speed on it. You can also change the cutoffs for the isolated eqs (which are full kill as well). It really is a fantastic mixer. Like I said, the only drawback is the limited set of efx. The echo-reverb effect, however, creates a great build up "swoosh" effect and is post-fader so I use it heavily.

I am looking to sell mine if you're interested as I want to get a pio 900.

Thanks man.I plan to pick it up locally,but thanks.
    About the FX,i plan to get a RMX-1000,to go with the mixer,since i watched a few videos on the efx,and i prefer the RMX-1000.
    But i will update my setup early summer,so i have plenty of time to think what to get.Still need to choose between turntables or cdjs,but so far i am leaning towards buying turntables,but might in the end get some 900s or nexus cdjs if i save up the cash for them.

Tech Wizard

Why not map 2 channels on the x1600 as midi for just the effects in traktor?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast