What do you think about "Push"?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default What do you think about "Push"?

hi,
    What do you think about "Push" from Akai gear?
    Do you think it's a good stuff for Djing for live improvisation; or for use Ableton via Push and traktor?
    I check a lot of video on youtube, and i feel in love with it.
    I think i will buy one for use with my S2+traktor.
    And you?

I like the push. I played with one recently at MBLV in town. I had a blast. They let me plug it into my laptop and it mapped pretty easily to traktor with LED feedback similar to the launchpad. I like the text read out up top under the knobs with ableton. Overall a very solid controller. It is lightweight but feels super strong.

It really looks like a lovely piece of kit. Pad seems a bit small to my taste, however I think it shouldn't be that much of a problem. I really look forward to grab one some day.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

I'll buy it when I upgrade to 9 but I wanna wait out till after the first few update as I'm sure there will be bugs. I think push offers a good workflow to get new users started and also compliment existing workflows for everyone else.

Ehh i'll probably cave and get it when the second batch is ready.

Tech Mentor

I will definitly be ordering one on Tuesday. This thing consolidates so many midi controllers that I have to travel with and use on the road. I've been coveting this thing since it was announced, but I'm really tired (and jealous) of seeing all the Certified Trainers on youtube just doing a review and it's so repetitive. There are a few out there that use it in action and I absolutly love those vids. I wish there were more. I'm anxious to get my hands on one.

I will be ugrading to Live 8 Suite to take advantage of the upgrade to 9 and the discount also. Push is going to be $599 USD on March 5th (confirmed via e-mail from Ableton). It sucks that it's only a $50 difference between now and the March 4th deadline for the discount.

I'm bordering on a sexual attraction to the Push. If I find a suitcase full of money I'm buying one and then spending a few months working out how to replicate all the features in bitwig.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

It's a pretty good controller and i'm sure it will do well. Still, only feature that would make me buy it is scales mode but it can be done with other gear already. Sticking to maschine here.

I'm personally sticking to the Maschine as it has become quite handy in my workflow. Could definitely see how the Push could be useful though! Pretty nice looking piece of equipment.

What do i think?
    I think it's basically the novation launchpad 2.0

Never been a huge fan of abletons workflow really, i'll stick with maschine and pro tools.
    :: psy/OPs ¯ DRUM&BASS ¯ DUBSTEP ♫ _
    :: Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter //
    : ¯

Scales mode looks interesting. For me, the step sequencer looks very useful. I don't have Max for Live and so I find the lack of step sequencer in Live 8 Suite to be a huge let down.
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast