Any users of Traktor DJ Performance thoughts on iPad2 vs. iPad w/ Retina display - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not really relevant to the question but I was in a store the other day and compared the ipad retina and ipad 2 side by side and I really couldn't tell the difference in the screens. The specs are better on the retina but all the hype about the screen itself -- I'm just not sure I'm buyin' it.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    Also, quick but related-ish question, how are recordings transferred back across? I'm unable to 'save as' from within iTunes? If it's a single iTunes PC install location and some tie down, I'm not going to be a happy bunny - just want a quick copy across of recordings. Got two radio shows to do tomorrow and Friday!
    Connect the iPad to your laptop. On the iPad in the Apps Tab scroll down and click on the the Traktor DJ, you will see your recordings. Drag and drop them to the Desktop then import them to iTunes/Traktor. Its a Document sharing feature, between the iPad and the laptop not an iTunes import feature .

Convert to MP3 in itunes if you need.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Not really relevant to the question but I was in a store the other day and compared the ipad retina and ipad 2 side by side and I really couldn't tell the difference in the screens. The specs are better on the retina but all the hype about the screen itself -- I'm just not sure I'm buyin' it.
    Now ya see I heard exactly the opposite from someone who has a 2 and a 4. I dunno, I havent used anything other than my 4 really so I cant say other than FIFA 2013 is bitchin'

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Now ya see I heard exactly the opposite from someone who has a 2 and a 4. I dunno, I havent used anything other than my 4 really so I cant say other than FIFA 2013 is bitchin'
    Well I'm basing this on about 5 minutes of playing around in a store, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I can't really tell the difference between FLAC and 320 mp3s either
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Guru

Connect the iPad to your laptop. On the iPad in the Apps Tab scroll down and click on the the Traktor DJ, you will see your recordings. Drag and drop them to the Desktop then import them to iTunes/Traktor. Its a Document sharing feature, between the iPad and the laptop not an iTunes import feature .

Convert to MP3 in itunes if you need.

Thanks Karlos, much appreciated. Didn't think of that

Tried the 'save as' function within iTunes i.e. 'what's on this iPad' > then apps that share data with this computer > selected Traktor DJ > highlighted recordings > save as > get error msg.

Cheers,

BTTF
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Just drag and drop the wav recording to the Desktop mate.

what I don't get, is why, with DJ Player already out, already doing tons of things traktor can't, and doing them on my ipod touch 4g perfectly(so you know it runs on all ipads)....why would someon even consider traktor??

i just don't get it

Tech Guru

Just drag and drop the wav recording to the Desktop mate.
    Spot on worked a treat mate! (feels foolish for not thinking of it)

Just in time for the start of the show in 25mins.

Also heads up: Nicky H - Guest mix on my show, next Thursday 7th March - 8-10PM (UK) on www.music4thepeople.co.uk
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by filespnr View Post
    what I don't get, is why, with DJ Player already out, already doing tons of things traktor can't, and doing them on my ipod touch 4g perfectly(so you know it runs on all ipads)....why would someon even consider traktor??

i just don't get it
    Cus its $20.. and at that price its worth a punt ?

Tech Guru

I'm so sad that I have an iPad1 :/
    Maybe its time to upgrade, that thing is slow alredy...

Gonna wait the next version and buy one with 128gb of space

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12