Custom USB for promotions
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Default Custom USB for promotions

Hey guys

I was talking to a friend of mine and got an idea. I've been struggling for a means to get my mixes out there to people, as well as my contact information and have been kind of bored with the idea of a static business card. So I did some searching and found these guys.

Have any of you tried something like this? I figure I'd get a whole bunch printed, load my mixes onto them and a text file with my contact information (or maybe get them to put a slot to whole a business card) and just hand them out all over the place.

Any opinions?
    J
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

i dont think it will catch on...
    prices of cds vs custom usb
    people need computers to check out the data... which you can still use a cd for.
    cds can be put in a car or put in the cd player at a retail store.

when i give out promo cds, i write all my contact data on it. the cd tags have my contact details and i put a business card in the sleeve as well. i think cds are gonna be the best bet.

cheapest solution is a business card with your soundcloud on it. I used zazzle for their mini business cards which are very different looking, and the material is an indestructable pvc like plastic. Very cool and people cant help but pick them up when i drop them at a club.

i love the idea though for the usb, just probably very pricey for promo stuff. cd's or business cards.

I hand out my soundcloud cards at the gym i work out at so people can put them on their ipod for workout music.

I reckon this would be effective if you were prepared to do it on a large scale (in terms of cost/unit, branding yourself. etc). I had a similar idea a while ago but imagined that it would still be impossible to beat the price of CDs/business cards. Also, a web link on your business card could be just as effective to get your name out there (give people an excuse to go on the web!).

Have you gotten a quote yet?

Probably you got to this idea becuase you wanted to have somehting with media and that is easy to carry. I used to carry lots of demo cds but most of the time that I needed to hand them was in a club or party situation, so I never had one in hand, they were sitting in my car. I also thought about the usb drive, but never done it because I thought that it can only be used in a laptop and probably would get deleted and used for other things

What I did is burned a couple of demos in a card style cds so I can have a few in my pockets, but to be honest the card method with some links is what i use the most.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah, I really just want to be able to pass it out and carry a bunch in my pocket. The mini-business card is a good idea. I was figuring if I just made the business cards with my soundcloud I'd be okay, and it'll look more professional than a MySpace.

It is pricey, and that's the big downside. Dunno... not a bad idea if I ever got big and famous, make the custom mp3 players they have, heh
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall