Traktor Can't Play Two Decks at Once, Sound is muddy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor Can't Play Two Decks at Once, Sound is muddy

Issue...

I just got Traktor set up on my laptop. I'm using a NI Audio 2.

So when I play a song on just 1 deck, the song is already sounding slowed down (tempo shift 0%) and the sound is muddy and distorted. The Audio 2 works fine since I can use it without issue on my desktop.

When I play two decks, then both songs half in speed! Any clue what's wrong?

My laptop is an ASUS Zenbook Prime (i5, 4GB memory) with music being played off a class 10 SD card.

Tech Mentor

1. Make all your audio is set up correctly; drivers installed, input/output, sample rate and latency.

2. 1 is just a precautionary measure, but I'd think the more likely problem may well be CPU load, have you been keeping an eye on it?

3. Also, as you're playing music off of an SD card, I'm starting to wonder if that might be the problem, as you're playing it from the card rather than Traktor's collection, it's trying to analyze and play two sets of songs as it's going along, and simply can't cope. Try playing a few songs direct from your hard drive/traktor collection.
    Countenance - (n). Appearance or expression. (v.) Admit or accept as possible.

Tech Guru

Latence is about 5ms I think. USB latency is 1 ms.

CPU load is barely even moving. If I had to guess, it doesn't go above 10%.

I'm playing a song from my SSD and it still lags.

Tech Guru

Fixed it!
    Had to increase my process buffer, but the output latency is kinda ridiculous..

I'm at 1024 samples w/ 4 USB latency.
    Output latency is 30.1 ms... kinda high.

Tech Mentor

You tried all the standard unplugs/replugs/reboots/reinstall kinda stuff?
    Maybe try putting your audio 2 in another USB port, they can have issues with some USB port versions.

Tech Mentor

Ouch! That is kinda high...I was doing some research for you and found this:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=138386

What settings were you on before? I find 44.1/256/1ms works fine for me.

Tech Guru

Only have two USB 3.0 ports. I wonder if hte USB 3.0 is the reason why.

Realistically though... a latency of 30.1 ms won't make that big of a difference will it?

I have to have 1024 samples if I want two decks to play at once. 1 deck will work with 512 samples.

44.1/1024/1 for 2 decks
    44.1/512/1 for 1 deck

Tech Mentor

USB 3.0 is exactly the reason why...let me find you another thread where we talked about this exact same thing!

Tech Mentor

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=67696 <--- Remember this? Where Kshook wanted a new laptop.

Tech Guru

Yup! I remember that.

Sadly I've had this laptop before I even though of becoming a DJ :P

I figured the USB 3.0 was work or no worky, didn't think latency would be an issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast