Newbie having problems with Traktor Scratch timecode vinyl

Default Newbie having problems with Traktor Scratch timecode vinyl

Hi DJ Tech Tools forumites.

This is my first post in your forum and the reason for me coming to you is that I am having no end of trouble getting Traktor Scratch to work with my timecode vinyl and overall setup.

Basically I am running 2 Stanton STR8 turntables through a Reloop Spin 2 soundcard with Traktor Scratch mk2 timecode vinyl. Traktor does recognise the timecodes as I can manipulate the tracks with the vinyl, however I can't get needle drop to work and they seem to calibrate at too high a tempo (eg when I load a track at 120BPM with my turntable pitch set to 0% it plays at about 150BPM). Is there a way of altering this.

I'm relatively new to digital DJing and didn't want to upgrade to the Native Instruments Audio 6 or 10 soundcard just yet and would be very appreciative if someone could help me get the setup working like this for the time being.

Cheers guys.

Jimmy (aka Disco Jelly)

Quote Originally Posted by Discojelly View Post
    Hi DJ Tech Tools forumites.

This is my first post in your forum and the reason for me coming to you is that I am having no end of trouble getting Traktor Scratch to work with my timecode vinyl and overall setup.

Basically I am running 2 Stanton STR8 turntables through a Reloop Spin 2 soundcard with Traktor Scratch mk2 timecode vinyl. Traktor does recognise the timecodes as I can manipulate the tracks with the vinyl, however I can't get needle drop to work and they seem to calibrate at too high a tempo (eg when I load a track at 120BPM with my turntable pitch set to 0% it plays at about 150BPM). Is there a way of altering this.

I'm relatively new to digital DJing and didn't want to upgrade to the Native Instruments Audio 6 or 10 soundcard just yet and would be very appreciative if someone could help me get the setup working like this for the time being.

Cheers guys.

Jimmy (aka Disco Jelly)
    We do not condone software piracy around here, so I doubt your question will get answered!
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

I've downloaded a trial from NI's website but you've basically answered my question anyway as I see you can't buy the software on it's own, looks like the piggy jar is gonna get raided to upgrade my setup.

Tech Guru

If you just want the two deck timecode setup you could look around for a second-hand Audio 4 DJ to get things working cheaply.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Its very much worth picking up a copy of the legal software bruv. Sell your current I/O and use the cash toward picking up an A6 or A10.