Music Sites

Thread: Music Sites

Tech Convert

Default Music Sites

Could somebody help me? I'm looking for music sites apart from Beatport which show the Bpm value of a track. Any help would be much appreciated.

Jepkus

Tech Guru

Uh... can't you just use Traktor to find the BPM?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Uh... can't you just use Traktor to find the BPM?
    Yes! But i'm putting together some mixes and found some spaces where i need tracks of a certain Bpm. So would be good to search for recent tracks with the right bpm.

jepkus

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by jepkus View Post
    Yes! But i'm putting together some mixes and found some spaces where i need tracks of a certain Bpm. So would be good to search for recent tracks with the right bpm.

jepkus
    I know there is some about but just can't remember them.

Tech Guru

Ahhh. I've found some on Soundcloud, but there's nothing really more comprehensive than Beatport as far as I know.

Tech Wizard

I'm guessing this is probably a dance music mix? Most of the sub-genres stick to a pretty consistent BPM range. House = 120s. Electro/House = 130s. Trance= 140s, etc etc. Just get in the general range and then tinker with the BPM in your mix. I'd say most songs you can get away with a +/- 5 bpm adjustment if you really need to.

Tech Convert

DJ City lets you search by BPM. However, you have to join their record pool. 3 months for $90 isn't a bad deal though.

Just figure out your genres mate. DNB/Jungle/DrumStep 165-185BPM, Breaks 125-140BPM, DubStep 140BPM, House 120-135BPM, etc. The only genres that tend to have a wider range are Funky Breaks, HardCore, and Trance. Utilize that pitch fader and keylock to stay creative with your mixes.

On a side note:
    The best shoppes Ive found are Beatport, Juno.co.uk (junodownload.com), and soundcloud.com

Tech Convert

Thanks for your replies! The problem i find with most sites is the lack of real cutting edge tracks. I'm having to buy loads of vinyl and rip them! It seems to take ages for certain tracks to get a digital release sometimes never!