Rekordbox Exporting to USB So Slow
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Rekordbox Exporting to USB So Slow

Exporting several playlists (about 225 songs) to my flash drive right now. It's been an hour and it's half way through. The flash drives have average speeds. WTFlamethrower?

Tech Mentor

yup not much you can do until usb 3.0 becomes industry standard. For now you can get an SD card with a card reader/writer and that speeds it up a lot! You can try a faster USB drive and it will speed it up some but there really is no way to speed up your current USB. Rekord box is transferring multiple files for each song (cue points, memory points, beat grid, etc) and I think that is why it is kind of slow.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pbcrazy9898 View Post
    yup not much you can do until usb 3.0 becomes industry standard. For now you can get an SD card with a card reader/writer and that speeds it up a lot! You can try a faster USB drive and it will speed it up some but there really is no way to speed up your current USB. Rekord box is transferring multiple files for each song (cue points, memory points, beat grid, etc) and I think that is why it is kind of slow.
    Researched this and you're right. After 2 1/2 hours, I'm still exporting my songs to USB. Sucks.

Man, I have USB 3.0 ports and it took me 25 / 30 minutes to export about 700 tracks and I wasn't happy about that. I can't imagine in you guys's situation. Jesus.

That's one thing I really miss about my S4, it was so easy to just buy a track, and play it right away through the software.

Tech Mentor

yes but I think when you have to analyze it with rekordbox and export it it makes you really pick your favorite tracks and it also makes you spend a lot more time setting your tracks up. I put so much more thought into maintaing a "standard" cuepoint tagging system now that Ive switched away from traktor. In-tern I think I also am learning my songs a lot more thoroughly.
    Rant done~

Tech Guru

Most cheap USB drives are extremely slow, so look for read/write speeds next time you buy.

I got a Sandisk Ultra SD card which is much faster, it affects load times on the CDJs too - waveforms come up in a fraction of the time it takes for a cheap USB stick.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

There's indeed some speed difference between USB/SD card brands. For SD card it's easy, there's different Class. 2/4/6/10. The higher you go, the faster. For USB drive, well, you need to check the spec on the website AND believe in

If you're on PC and have other USB drive lying 'round, you could "benchmark" them.
    http://usbspeed.nirsoft.net/publish_...ive_speed.html
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Banned

Just wondering. How do you connect an SD card to a CDJ 350? Is there a slot I'm missing?

There's some adapter for that, usb card reader (not sure if it works).
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Guru

I would stick to USB sticks for the 350s - I only mentioned SD cards as an example, as the 2000s have SD card slots.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast