midi fighter spectra users - are you changing the banks easily with those sidebutton?

Default midi fighter spectra users - are you changing the banks easily with those sidebutton?

hey guys

interested to order a midi fighter spectra soon

but im a bit worried about the side / bank change buttons - seems like they are on the side, have no led feedback, and seems like really non-ergonomical to reach

midi spectra owners - how are you finding the side buttons for changing banks?

awkward? ok? not so ok? acceptable?

i thought i'd ask before getting one
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Perfectly fine. When you change bank you get feedback on the top 4 buttons to indicate the selected one. With some clever mapping you can use any of the arcade buttons to change bank as well.

Tech Mentor

It's fine but I have to have it elevated to access them. I'd prefer to be able to have sandwiched between my mixer and TT's and have the buttons on top but...

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Gooch View Post
    It's fine but I have to have it elevated to access them. I'd prefer to be able to have sandwiched between my mixer and TT's and have the buttons on top but...
    this is what i thought, those side buttons really look kinda out of place and not-so-accessible , i was hoping it would have those 4 bank change buttons at the top (just like in the MF 3D) but instead only the side buttons are on the spectra, i think im gonna grab one anyways and see how it goes

for just $179 i guess it wont be so bad of an investment
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

you know you want one
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

There are plans for 90º and 180º rotation of the grid in a future firmware update. Rotating it 90º will leave the side buttons at the top and bottom, allowing you to have it next to another piece of gear. 180º rotation leaves the USB connector facing you, better if you like to hold the MF on your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    you know you want one
    Seconded!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --