You're doing a set, and you accidentally do your best mix EVER...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default You're doing a set, and you accidentally do your best mix EVER...

... and nobody's there to bloody hear it. AND you're not recording it.

FML.

That's what I get for listening to the staff and turning up to a venue at 6pm.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    ... and nobody's there to bloody hear it. AND you're not recording it.

FML.

That's what I get for listening to the staff and turning up to a venue at 6pm.
    always record!

wow man
    best time to record is when no one is around. then you are playing for the hardest critic ever... yourself

how did the rest of the night go anyway?

The best mix's are always happen spontaneously IMO, when there isn't any pressure to perform. That's why when I have people up and we're messing around taking turns on the decks, I don't tell people when I've hit record. Makes for some awesome reactions when we've rinsed it and i turn round and say "btw, its been recording for the past couple of hours".

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    wow man
    best time to record is when no one is around. then you are playing for the hardest critic ever... yourself

how did the rest of the night go anyway?
    Not too bad, hardly anyone came unfortunately, but the people who DID come actually came up to me at the end of the night and said I'd done a great set.

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    The best mix's are always happen spontaneously IMO, when there isn't any pressure to perform. That's why when I have people up and we're messing around taking turns on the decks, I don't tell people when I've hit record. Makes for some awesome reactions when we've rinsed it and i turn round and say "btw, its been recording for the past couple of hours".
    Haha, I'm always terrified to record just in case I bugger something up. You know how when people say to you, "can you send me a demo of your stuff?"; I set my kit up, sit down, start recording, and I swear to god there's MORE pressure than when I'm doing a set in a big club. I think it's because when you're recording, people can go back and CHECK to see if you've made a mistake... in real life, once it's done, it's in the past lol.

In case anyone was curious btw, the remix was Cosmic Gate - Exploration of Space, with Delerium - Silence. Give it a go for yourselves and see what I mean

if a dj does his best mix ever in the woods, and there is nobody to hear it, is he full of shit?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    if a dj does his best mix ever in the woods, and there is nobody to hear it, is he full of shit?
    Brilliant...!!!

Tech Mentor

This is why I always record every mix session, regardless if I'm just messing around going b2b or by my self.
    - 15.4" MBP 2.7 i7 - Macbook 13" - Allen&Heath Xone92R - V-Moda Crossfade LP - Pioneer HDJ-2000 - Traktor Pro2 - Xone k2 - NI Maschine - Ableton Live Suite 9 -

Sound Cloud : http://soundcloud.com/alexandercocar

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Not too bad, hardly anyone came unfortunately, but the people who DID come actually came up to me at the end of the night and said I'd done a great set.
    makes even a slow night worth it

Tech Wizard

Hah, I'd say knowing you're on record puts the pressure on even more though! I'm trying to learn right now, and every time I try to get a recording going of a set, it's like my brain suddenly stopped working. From my experiences with photo, the only way I can see myself getting a good record down is to just have someone sneak up on me and record me without me noticing.

EDIT: *in other words exactly what Conall said,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast