iOS can control remix decks, why can't android?
    Tech Wizard

Default iOS can control remix decks, why can't android?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I've been trying to find just something that will let me control the remix decks with my android device. I don't see what the issue is. I'm an android developer, and while I don't know much about MIDI programming I know that there's almost always a way to do something if you know how to code. Is there an app I don't know about? I'm a college student, so I don't have the money to blow on an F1, but I really want to incorporate the remix decks into my DJ sets. Can someone help me out?

Tech Guru

there is no way without an f1 or mf3d
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    there is no way without an f1 or mf3d
    Sadly you're misinformed. There's a layout out there for lemur and there's an F1 hack project WRITTEN IN JAVA that supposedly allows you to fake the MIDI signals.

Quote Originally Posted by zack771 View Post
    Sadly you're misinformed. There's a layout out there for lemur and there's an F1 hack project WRITTEN IN JAVA that supposedly allows you to fake the MIDI signals.
    no legit NI approved way... slash nothing i would depend on personally if you were gigging out

Android still has latency issues. I suspect it's just that Android has no way for applications to establish real time priority but it could just be that their audio stack is really crappy. Either way it's a poor platform for audio work atm, sadly. I did hear stories of a company making some low latency 3rd party audio drivers or something along those lines so maybe further down the line it'll improve.

Personally I'm looking forward to Ubuntu on phones for portable music goodness
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Guru

Ok, theres no legit way...and i prefer to live in a world of facts rather than supposedly
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Well it'd be a pretty simple task- though it'd the HID messages you're imitating, not the F1 midi mode

If it were midi you could easily fake it with most controllers!
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

I'm an android developer
    You've identified a gap in the (Android) market then.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

It's not MIDI, it's HID that you need to control the remix deck's grid. Most of the hacks rely on mouse movement and clicking emulation which is by no means a viable solution unless you are desperate for it. I haven't been following the recent development of the hacks but last time I checked they were clunky and buggy or simply needed to be set up each time. No one wants part of their controller rig to die mid set or take control of your mouse pointer and not release it upon crashing.

As far as I know, Android doesn't do very good with low latency MIDI signals over wifi (iOS does way better at this) and that is the main reason most developers don't even bother with it. Competition is always good so i'd love to see Google taking some time and fixing this.

Tech Convert

I hope you are still needing it, I just made an Android App for this

Will be on google play within the next few days.

Have a nice day, Alex