Traktor with Windows 8 problem
    Tech Student

Default Traktor with Windows 8 problem

I recently purchased a new, more powerful laptop for my DJing, and of course it had to come with windows 8 :/
    I am running Traktor 2.6.1 , and when I plug in my S4 mixer, i get a lot of audio feedback through my speakers, like a squealing sound. I tested my old laptop, to check it wasn't my mixer that was messing up, but it seems to be the new laptop.

Is this a windows 8 problem? My old windows 7 laptop (Toshiba Satellite) works perfectly.
    I tried to call Toshiba Support, but they wanted to charge me to diagnose the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks guys

Tech Guru

USB 3.0? I had that issue, but I don't remember how I fixed it.

USB 3 doesn't affect 2.6.1.

This is a driver issue; you either haven't installed the ASIO drivers for the S4, or you've buggered up the configuration somehow. Blaming Windows 8 for the issue is just ignorant.

Tech Guru

Do you have the latest S4 drivers? They released a new set last week.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

It's a brand new laptop though mdcdesign. New driver it's possible he's running a USB 3.0 port that doesn't like the S4 sound card.

I know it's not software based.

Tech Guru

Lots of people complained about sound issues with the S2/4 during the release of 2.6.1
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Lots of people complained about sound issues with the S2/4 during the release of 2.6.1
    Guess that's it then. I don't own an S4. I just know my hardware.

Yup some did complaint about some "feedback" sound with the latest 2.6.1 version, but it was in the headphone. Some says raising the latency helped, some don't. Some says the new driver works, some don't. If you had a previous version installed, you can still use it WITHOUT having to re-install it. Just click on the executable file in C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Traktor 2\Backup.

Some USB 3.0 hardware chipset may have issue with some audio card, not only NI. Windows 8 USB 3.0 support is now native, but their chipset list is still not complete. I would check for a USB driver as well.

Out of curiosity, which model of laptop?
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter