Denon DN X1600 Traktor Pro 2 setup tutorial anyone ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by solger View Post
    In addition to SlayForMoney's post:

Traktor usually selects all NI hardware drivers for installation by default. So if you want to keep your Audio Device driver list nice and tidy, either uninstall all the drivers for the hardware you don't have (via Windows Control Panel). Or during Traktor installation only select the drivers for installation for the hardware you need.
    Cheers Solger - yes I chose not to install anything by default at initial install (although they still all appear if my pref list). This is one of the things that confused me during TSP setup/install, a list of drivers for every bit of hardware apart from the one I actually wanted! Would be nice if NI included the denon (as a certified mixer) driver as part of the setup, and would simplify things considerably.

Also, configure your mixer to recieve BPM directly from traktor so your mixer's FX are always synced
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Also, configure your mixer to recieve BPM directly from traktor so your mixer's FX are always synced
    More great advice - for anyone else looking at this thread as a newbie here's how I sent BPM to the mixer;

On TSP 2 go to preferences. Then go to midi clock and tick send midi clock. Close preferences.
    Then click on the metronome at the top left hand side above deck 1. This opens the master clock options.
    Have this on auto and push the play button below sync. This sends the BPM info to the DN-X1600.
    Otherwise the bpm to the mixer is a bit eratic.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    More great advice - for anyone else looking at this thread as a newbie here's how I sent BPM to the mixer;

On TSP 2 go to preferences. Then go to midi clock and tick send midi clock. Close preferences.
    Then click on the metronome at the top left hand side above deck 1. This opens the master clock options.
    Have this on auto and push the play button below sync. This sends the BPM info to the DN-X1600.
    Otherwise the bpm to the mixer is a bit eratic.
    That's because all mixers usually have to analyse audio to determine BPM. PS Pioneer doesn't have this option to recieve MIDI data from DJ software, not even on the DJM900

Also, set BPM detection on the X1600 to Auto. If it's still not recieving bpm from Traktor, go into Traktor-Preferences-Controller Manager, add a Generic MIDI device by clicking on Add... below the Device field and selecting Generic MIDI from the list. Set In/Out ports to All.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Not sure if anyone's in the market for one of these in the US, but this seems like a helluva price for a new one: $499.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Denon/DN...74115054247.gc

Ends fifteen hours from now.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345