[Trance] Two of my own productions

Default Two of my own productions

Hello!

I recently made these two edm tracks and would love some feedback.

Feel free to post your stuff on here and I'll return the favor!

Welcome!
    Both sounded really nice
    Dj: Behringer cmd studio 4a, Akai LPD8, Pioneer HDJ-500, Traktor 2

Producing: Oxygen 49, Akai LPD8, Fl Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Didz View Post
    Welcome!
    Both sounded really nice
    Thank you!

I'm glad you liked them, do you have any pointers (even though they may be small)?

Tech Mentor

Track 1:

the rhythmic foundation of this track is solid and driving. I really like how to pushes the track forward and still gives it a strong stable/danceable feel. The choice of synths, may not be to my liking but the reverb on the main synth does definitely give it some dimension and does enhance the feel. The kick has an airy type of quality which I think does fit the tone of the song, but a tighter kick with a slight verb might be better, imo. as far as the melody, nice catchy, and does have some deep emotion underlying, which I find some EDM lacks. Overall very nice track.

Track 2:

Intro sounded a bit too chaotic. Also there seemed to be some dissonance within the notes. I like the dark feel of it. The synth line that comes in at 1:55 is just a bit all over the place. Doesn't offer much to me melodically or rhythmically. Overall this track doesn't do much for me. It seems sporadic at points. Definitely could use some more refinement. Definitely some good point of it. Possibly a stripped down minimal type track could come out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggChev View Post
    Track 1:

the rhythmic foundation of this track is solid and driving. I really like how to pushes the track forward and still gives it a strong stable/danceable feel. The choice of synths, may not be to my liking but the reverb on the main synth does definitely give it some dimension and does enhance the feel. The kick has an airy type of quality which I think does fit the tone of the song, but a tighter kick with a slight verb might be better, imo. as far as the melody, nice catchy, and does have some deep emotion underlying, which I find some EDM lacks. Overall very nice track.

Track 2:

Intro sounded a bit too chaotic. Also there seemed to be some dissonance within the notes. I like the dark feel of it. The synth line that comes in at 1:55 is just a bit all over the place. Doesn't offer much to me melodically or rhythmically. Overall this track doesn't do much for me. It seems sporadic at points. Definitely could use some more refinement. Definitely some good point of it. Possibly a stripped down minimal type track could come out of this.
    Now this is a response! thanks for taking the time to listening and respond

I'll definitely be taking these tips with me for my next track.

However, did u by "dissonance in the notes" mean I went off key?

Tech Mentor

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant by dissonance. And from my ears tell me. It is off key.

Now, that may not necessarily mean you were off key. It could be over-tones that don't quite mesh together. This can happen when you get into delays+chorus+reverb+freq mod or any multitude of effects. When things start resonating at different frequencies certain "over-tones" get accentuated and don't play well with the other guys in the same key signature. Didn't mean to sound harsh, but like I said, there are some good parts of it.

Keep at it man!