convert Traktor star rating into itunes

Default convert Traktor star rating into itunes

hey guys.. been researching this problem for almost an hour now..

i am just beginning to work with itunes playlists (cause of the traktor dj app) and am implementing smartplaylists (a feature i desperately want for trakor). i'm not using itunes playlists inside of trakor, cause it shows neither bpm nor cover art.

i use trakors star rating extensively and want to use the stars inside of itunes (hopefully in future TDJ versions ratings and comments are available). apparently traktor and itunes use a different method to store these ratings and therefore an easy conversion is not possible. hopefully there is some solution, cause rerating 3k+ tracks wouldn't be a joy..

some sort of program or maybe an applescript?

i read mediamonkey can read both ratings and merge them somehow. has anybody done this successfully? mm is also only available for pc

somebody please tell me it's possible

cheers..
    jo
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

try trainspotter.. has a functionality specifically for this.
    Last edited by papo; 03-04-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Tech Guru

is there any other field that will read in iTunes? For example Serato doesn't read star ratings from iTunes...so I make playlist in iTunes by star rating, then open Serato go to that playlist and highlight them all a certain color. Green = 3 stars for example.

Is there a way you can do that in reverse with Traktor? Mark all your 3 starts with anything that iTunes will read then open Itunes and mass mark them?
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by papo View Post
    try trainspotter.. has a functionality specifically for this.
    seriously? i installed trainspotter and search for a little while.. but well.. will look into this tomorrow.. thanks

/edit: couldnt wait.. works like a charme.. and it solves another problem i had with the comment2 field in traktor, which is not shown in itunes.. an option for simply copying it into the grouping field..
    i never got my head around trainspotter, need to look deeper into it.. seems really amazing..
    cheers papo
    Last edited by basspenetrator; 03-04-2013 at 07:18 PM.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by basspenetrator View Post
    seriously? i installed trainspotter and search for a little while.. but well.. will look into this tomorrow.. thanks

/edit: couldnt wait.. works like a charme.. and it solves another problem i had with the comment2 field in traktor, which is not shown in itunes.. an option for simply copying it into the grouping field..
    i never got my head around trainspotter, need to look deeper into it.. seems really amazing..
    cheers papo
    you're welcome!