sacked for doing the Harlem Shake - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Guru

Its a different world when working underground in a mine. Everyone who's ever worked underground knows you don't fuck about like that.

DJTT armchair experts have got no idea as per usual.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    Its a different world when working underground in a mine. Everyone who's ever worked underground knows you don't fuck about like that.

DJTT armchair experts have got no idea as per usual.
    Woah, I have experience in related fields that come up in discussion on the forums. I usually try to inform ppl as opposed to bash them. Not EVERYONE can be an expert on EVERYTHING....otherwise we would all call ourselves Steve Jobs (Sarcasm intended)

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks
    Not EVERYONE can be an expert on EVERYTHING...
    Speak for yourself.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    Woah, I have experience in related fields that come up in discussion on the forums. I usually try to inform ppl as opposed to bash them. Not EVERYONE can be an expert on EVERYTHING....otherwise we would all call ourselves Steve Jobs (Sarcasm intended)
    I wasn't having a go at you specifically. More the posters who think the employer should "lighten up". These guys are working 100s of metres underground in an incredibly risky environment. It's a place that requires a zero tolerance attitude to unsafe practices. These guys know the rules and the reason they did the video was because its just so "crazy" to do this stupid meme in an underground mine!!!??## OMG ROFL what crazy mad cunts ... They also knew the potential consequences if they got caught. They really don't deserve any sympathy.
    Last edited by oliosky; 03-05-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Tech Guru

The more I read about this story the more I think about when I was in high school. Myspace was huge at the time and the principal/cops would just roam myspace for pics of kids drinking and then give them underage tickets or boot them from sporting activities...I always thought those kids were idiots, I was running for cover when I saw cameras come out at parties.

The amount of mining jobs here in Australia are through the roof at the moment. No doubt they already are working again and earning some what the same if not a little less then what they were previously.

Stop whining about ruining their lively hood, they did something extremely stupid in one of the most dangerous workplaces in the world. They were on 6 figure salaries and probably have most of it saved as there is nothing to do with the money in these remote mining towns except spending it on girls hahaha.

I do feel its a little harsh for dismissal but at the same time i'll contradict myself and say they deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by liam1895 View Post
    The amount of mining jobs here in Australia are through the roof at the moment. No doubt they already are working again and earning some what the same if not a little less then what they were previously.

Stop whining about ruining their lively hood, they did something extremely stupid in one of the most dangerous workplaces in the world. They were on 6 figure salaries and probably have most of it saved as there is nothing to do with the money in these remote mining towns except spending it on girls hahaha.

I do feel its a little harsh for dismissal but at the same time i'll contradict myself and say they deserved it.
    Dont feel sorry for them, these guys are morons for posting it on youtube. I was working in underground mining when I was 19 and I knew not to do this shit as these companies take OHS very seriously. Im 30 now and I work in the offshore oil and gas industry, I happen to be the biggest joker here but never anything that compromises safety or can be viewed as an "unsafe manner"..... and yes, you can be a complete fucktard in Australia and earn over 150K a year... So, some of the members wouldnt have to much trouble. go at it, then you can buy yourself a mac.
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by narrah View Post
    Dont feel sorry for them, these guys are morons for posting it on youtube. I was working in underground mining when I was 19 and I knew not to do this shit as these companies take OHS very seriously. Im 30 now and I work in the offshore oil and gas industry, I happen to be the biggest joker here but never anything that compromises safety or can be viewed as an "unsafe manner"..... and yes, you can be a complete fucktard in Australia and earn over 150K a year... So, some of the members wouldnt have to much trouble. go at it, then you can buy yourself a mac.
    Built this during a slow day on the Alberta oil field, didn't lose my job but we had to improvise on the hard hat so the little guy didn't get hurt.

197632_10150428526180372_598753_n.jpg
    I hear an 8hz sinewave can make a whole room of dubstep producers simultaneously stroke their beards.

Even if they havnt got one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234