If you were to buy a DVS system, would you get Traktor A10 or Serato SL4? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    I don't ever want to be bothered with gridding tracks.

That being said, I really enjoy SSL's interface. I've actually been debating selling my SL1 for an SL4 box for awhile now, because it would just make life so much easier for transitioning between DJ's using SSL. That dual USB feature is something amazing if you're working with others using SSL often.
    I've been using Traktor for 5 years and I've only had to beat grid about 5 tracks.

The same tracks that will drift in Traktor will drift in Serato. You will have to ride the pitch bend.

The only permanent cure is to warp them and re-save them with Ableton.

>

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    You da man. I've never seen this.....

...also side note, Serato Itch and Serato DJ have "warpable" or "flexible" beatgrids....and they work awesome are much easier to set than Traktors. I would assume that when the day comes for SSL to have a sync button it would also have that feature.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Sure hope they continue with the Bridge moving forward on their roadmap....whatever it may be. Such a great marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    Nice! I didn't know it was possible. It should be a known feature rather than a workaround, but still very cool.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Wizard

I like pretty much the bridge... I am a ableton user and TSP...but I am between buying 2 F1 for traktor (550$) to use remix decks or buy a SL3 (600$) and use the bridge...I prefer the Serato-Bridge from what i have seen...but, I am not sure, i have never use Serato...
    I have the APC40..to control Ableton...x2 kontrol X1, Denon Dns 3700, Denon DNX 1600 , 2 1200 mk2 and maschine....
    what do you think?...any ideas?...1.- Wait for NI to open Remix Decks, so i can use the midi controller I have....2.-get Serato-Bridge 3.- or get the Kontrol F1....any experience with this .....thanks in advance.

If the Moderators consider I should open another thread, let me know..thanks

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rjfermin View Post
    I like pretty much the bridge... I am a ableton user and TSP...but I am between buying 2 F1 for traktor (550$) to use remix decks or buy a SL3 (600$) and use the bridge...I prefer the Serato-Bridge from what i have seen...but, I am not sure, i have never use Serato...
    I have the APC40..to control Ableton...x2 kontrol X1, Denon Dns 3700, Denon DNX 1600 , 2 1200 mk2 and maschine....
    what do you think?...any ideas?...1.- Wait for NI to open Remix Decks, so i can use the midi controller I have....2.-get Serato-Bridge 3.- or get the Kontrol F1....any experience with this .....thanks in advance.

If the Moderators consider I should open another thread, let me know..thanks
    I would wait.

Serato has not made much advancement on the Bridge since it first came out (believe this has more to do with Ableton folks that the Serato team); so I'm curious to see what developments are coming ahead. Same with Traktor --- the remix decks are fairly new, but NI always has a well thought out roadmap.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

haze324
    Thanks for the feedback....
    I have a hard time syncing ableton or maschine to TSP...I am trying to get this solve with either way...but, i have invested so much time and $ in NI, but still i have not able to use at least TSP and Maschine, and also no able to use remix decks (without the F1)....That is why I am considering Serato-bridge...I have to see what happen in the future with both...thanks again

I guess at the end of all this, is a Dual USB SL4 worth $300 more than a Traktor A10?

God, I hate being indecisive
    Xone DB4, Technics 1200 MK5 x2, Technics MK3 x1, Serato SL1, Novation Dicers, Sennheiser Adidas HD25
    Always uploading new mixes to https://soundcloud.com/djskullduggery

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    [I] believe this has more to do with Ableton folks that the Serato team.
    Why?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Skullduggery View Post
    I guess at the end of all this, is a Dual USB SL4 worth $300 more than a Traktor A10?
    I agree with what someone wrote a page or two back. The software is more important than the gear.

In my mind it comes down to the following. Do you want Traktor's features and customisability or Serato's uncluttered look and its tight hardware integration? That matters more than the devices. Clearly not everyone agrees with my view. DJ TT itselfs stresses the technological differences: http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/09/0...e-2011-update/

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast