Kontrol F1 vs MidiFighter Spectra vs Xone K2

Default Kontrol F1 vs MidiFighter Spectra vs Xone K2

Hi, First off my apologies I just became a member here.

I use a NI kontroller S4 and I am not a big shot Dj either. I mix tracks put in acapellas and now I want to expand my set and I looking at buying either the controller F1 or the Midi fighter Spectra or the Xone K2. I need some advise on this. how well do they work with Traktor 2.6 and will there be any compatibility issues running on Macbook pro 13" 8 gm ram running Mountain Lion (I would like include some button drumming)

Thank you.

If you are looking for a k2 I have one that I can't seem to integrate within MY setup, you can pm me! But other than I have the k2 and spectra right now. I guess it kinda depends on what exactly you are looking for in a controller. I personally use the spectra for deck c one shots/ vocal samples. I am currently waiting on an f1 so that I can control loops/ slot volume/ filter of each slot. I feel like my personal favorite for drumming and sample one shots would have to be the f1 or spectra, but if you prep your remix sets (eq and filter and gain) to fit in exactly with actual set I'd say the spectra, very quick to the touch, instantaneous response
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Thanks a lot man. still in a dilemma over which one to buy. the videos make bothe of them seem so attractive.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by samplectro View Post
    If you are looking for a k2 I have one that I can't seem to integrate within MY setup, you can pm me! But other than I have the k2 and spectra right now. I guess it kinda depends on what exactly you are looking for in a controller. I personally use the spectra for deck c one shots/ vocal samples. I am currently waiting on an f1 so that I can control loops/ slot volume/ filter of each slot. I feel like my personal favorite for drumming and sample one shots would have to be the f1 or spectra, but if you prep your remix sets (eq and filter and gain) to fit in exactly with actual set I'd say the spectra, very quick to the touch, instantaneous response
    What happened to dubyou?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    What happened to dubyou?
    Been messing around with electro house samples in the remix decks lately even made a new soundcloud page haha!
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Now i have a S4 as my practice hardware, its also my favorite and i also own a MF3D and a f1. Spectra, if i haven't mistaken, is a trimmed down customize MF3D. My Midi fighter 3D doesnt leave my laptop bag. The F1 on the other hand.... i like the ability to "make music" live while DJing. But its very time consuming to make a remix set without the proper knowledge. Also the buttons have that "click" i dont like. The F1 will cause you to want to finger drum.... and then you will just get a midi fighter and learn from the Mad Zack.

Thanks for the response guys. I want to be able to fully utilise the remix decks and want do finger drumming as wells. At present I am thinking of getting an F1 and the midi fighter spectra. Can spectra be integrated fully with the remix decks?
    And may i ask the only core differences between the F1 and the spectra is that F1 has the EQ controls .am i right?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Spectra has full integration with remix deck slots. Other controls like volume and filters can be mapped on any controller.

thanks a lot guys