Buy S4 or wait a little....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Buy S4 or wait a little....

Hey guys,
    My S4 went belly up yesterday, and for now I am using my DJC4 controller as a backup.
    In the market for a new controller, and using the S4 was great as it was logically laid out with the software.
    I could probably hold off for 3 weeks at this rate, but using the DJC4 aint a joy.

So..... would you buy now at todays prices and options or would you hold off thinking/knowing some new product is coming.

The NS6 looks good to me, and so does the NS7. The DDJ-SX is a little too expensive but looks fantastic!!

S4/F1/DVS combo might still be hard to beat though.

Decisions decisions....

Tech Guru

The Z2 is better suited to a DVS setup than the S4 as it does away with the unnecessary jogs and has faders that are more suited to turntablism. Overall build quality is supposed to be better than the S4 too.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    The Z2 is better suited to a DVS setup than the S4 as it does away with the unnecessary jogs and has faders that are more suited to turntablism. Overall build quality is supposed to be better than the S4 too.
    True that, but I only take my tables to 50% of my gigs, not all require it (or pay for it lol)
    But yeah, I thought hard about the Z2.

Tech Guru

Denon I have an MC3000 and love it so far even though I havne't had much time with it. It feels much nicer than the S4 I tried out at Guitar Center.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Denon I have an MC3000 and love it so far even though I havne't had much time with it. It feels much nicer than the S4 I tried out at Guitar Center.
    Not Traktor Scratch certified, Job wheels not high resolution in Traktor, only 2 channels (well, without switching).
    I tried it last year, it wasnt my cup of tea.

Tech Wizard

Wait for the release of the NS7 II, see the answer of NI. Its pretty sure they are going to release something soon, since they have lowered their price on the S4 and it seems they are not producing new ones.
    I am in your case. I'm waiting for the release of NS7 II, if nothing comes from NI at this point, I'm going to buy a DDJ-SX, which I wish is gonna be available (they are out of stock pretty everywhere atm).

Tech Convert

Not sure how long I can hold out for lol - the DJC4 is the pits....
    I really wish NI would release an updated controller with 8 decent drum pads on them and a standalone mixer section.
    I just cant stand using a controller that is not native to Traktor - Soft takeover drives me insane, seriously.

Tech Wizard

I was thinking like you about the "traktor native" thing, but it limits your choice to 1 controller which is the S4. Also, Traktor is the boss NOW, but it's not sure its going to be the boss forever. Look at Mixvibes which starts to be a very well done piece of soft.
    We wait for more samples usables, more fx, VST, maybe more decks, ... there is plenty things to develop and I'm not personaly a fan of getting stuck to Traktor (even if it's the best choice ATM) forever with a super Kool Traktor Kontroller.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Oevl View Post
    I was thinking like you about the "traktor native" thing, but it limits your choice to 1 controller which is the S4. Also, Traktor is the boss NOW, but it's not sure its going to be the boss forever. Look at Mixvibes which starts to be a very well done piece of soft.
    We wait for more samples usables, more fx, VST, maybe more decks, ... there is plenty things to develop and I'm not personaly a fan of getting stuck to Traktor (even if it's the best choice ATM) forever with a super Kool Traktor Kontroller.
    Yep - Im looking at other software, I remember deckadance from way back and liked it, hell I even started with VDJ and it did what i needed. I like Serato, But Im not buying a NS6 and then SL4 for when I need my tables. I guess I cant have my cake and eat it.
    Cant wait to see what this year brings though, but if a controller isnt native to the software, then Im not gonna bother. I think Im just gonna get another S4 and an F1.

Tech Wizard

As you wish ^^ You are free to buy a toy from 2010 muhahahaha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast