Pioneer CDJ spinback sound on Kontrol s4
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Pioneer CDJ spinback sound on Kontrol s4

Hey does anyone know how id be able to get a closer sound to the spinback of a cdj on my kontrol s4? the S4 is a very short quick spin and i want it to be longer like the CDJ

maybe spin the jogwheel?

Tech Guru

Use a finger and spin it near the center.....dnt have anything else good to say but a lil practice till u can consistently get the sound ur after

I've wondered the same thing.
    MBP 13" | Midifighter | Launchpad | MPK Mini

Banned

Can't really be done... The CDJ 2000's have the highest-quality jogwheels out there, and the S4 actually has pretty close to the lowest-quality jogwheels made.
    Last edited by octostout; 03-06-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Tech Wizard

ya really not a big fan of the s4's jogwheels, love everything else. and if theres a way to increase the spin rate of the jogwheel that is what im looking for, you'll notice when dj's do a spinback on the cdj's they'll just spin it once and it goes for long ass time with a super quick sound, s4 is just a short spurt which is just slightly to short for it to sound decent

Tech Guru

Believe it or not, they changed prob the resolution on the jog wheels on the s4 cause I noticed the spin back is a lot shorter then it used to be. In any case it never was like a CDJ 2000, but with a CDJ 2000 u can adjust the tension on the jog and thats what would give u the long and fast spin back I think u like. So long story short, it's kinda a combo of the tension on the jog wheels on the S4 and the changes to the HID programming
    Last edited by manchild; 03-06-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Don't do spin backs.. please. Thank you.

The spin back was invented on the SL-1200 because there was no other effects possible.

Today it is the cheesiest effect out there. Don't do it.

If you have to be a cheeseball. Download a sample and trigger it when you want in the sample decks.

They always sound the same anyway... woobbooubbuulllooobbouuhhhblblbloouoooo

Tech Guru

My little VCI 100 can manage spinbacks due to amount of momentum its metal jogs carry. But I still don't like the sound..
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Don't do spin backs.. please. Thank you.

The spin back was invented on the SL-1200 because there was no other effects possible.
    sry but im so so tired of hearing this
    there's other genres out there y'all, and i will pay you money to go to a proper dancehall party and a) not hear at least one pull up -have to admit they're not called spin backs on this side of ocean- b) not witness the crowd lose it when the dj pulls it up

all of that being said i agree that unless you're using a cdj you might wanna download a sample trigger (last time i pulled up on a controller it killed the whole deck on traktor somehow... still need to figure out why that is, no more pull ups until i do..

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast