[Other] ..:: Tarekith ::.. "Hooded"

Default ..:: Tarekith ::.. "Hooded"

http://tarekith.com/mp3s/Tarekith-Hooded.m4a

Well, as you’ll no doubt hear in the song, I’ve been spending a lot of time lately playing guitar instead of synths. Just needed to mix it up a little bit. The synths you do hear in this track were done using Jam Origin’s MIDI Guitar plug-in controlling Omnisphere. I have to say it was pretty fun being able to play my synths with my guitar for a change, which is maybe why this track is so different from my normal stuff.

This is also the first time I’m releasing a track as a 320kbps AAC file instead of a 320kbps MP3. As I talked about in my Mastered For iTunes blog post a couple weeks back, after a lot of critical listening tests, I’m convinced AAC files sound closer to the original master of my songs than MP3s do. I’m curious to see if anyone has any issues playing back the file. There shouldn’t be any problems, but if you do run into one please let me know.

Enjoy!

It's really refreshing to hear a 'normal' guitar part played in a track on these boards. Love that!

Don't know if I'm to fond of the sounds of the percussion in this one to be honest. It sounds too clean. It's kind of the same when listening to an album of Joe Satriani, or see the same parts performed on stage.
    (As far as I know his drums/percussions are done on drumcomputers on his albums, but on stage he makes use of a live band.)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Well, I DO like Joe Satriani....

Same here, still one of the better guitar virtuosos if you ask me.
    (Not one that gets lost in millions of ARPs under 3 seconds. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --