Icon iDJ

Thread: Icon iDJ

Default Icon iDJ

Hi guys,

forgive me if this is a vague question, but I'm really just looking for some advice, because I'm completely confused here. I have VirtualDJ and just bought an Icon iDJ. I noticed that in the mappers within VirtualDJ, the Icon IDJ isn't recognised. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this controller and knows how I'm meant to map it, or if there is a mapping that I can download (preferrably by Icon themselves), or how I can map it myself.

It came with iMap software, but I am not sure how that is meant to be used in conjunction with VirtualDJ

Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I really want to get started using this thing!

If you purchased VirtualDj then you would have received the manual for this as well.
    But since you didnt mention that you purchased it, im going to open my big mouth and sound exactly like im saying.... well.... we all know by now what i am saying.

Since you did not get the manual, that means you didnt buy it
    This is what it would have told you on how to map it

http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/sy...st_Manual.html

Its a shame though. Those guys put so much effort into creating that software, and if they dont get enough return for their effort,
    the software will be non exist soon. Then what will you do when you have a buggy little problem
    or for that matter......... dont know how to map something new to it

PS..... i know i might get flamed for this post but hey, i had to get it off my chest. Im just tired of seeing this.
    And to boot....... im not even subscribing to this thread

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    If you purchased VirtualDj then you would have received the manual for this as well.
    But since you didnt mention that you purchased it, im going to open my big mouth and sound exactly like im saying.... well.... we all know by now what i am saying.

Since you did not get the manual, that means you didnt buy it
    This is what it would have told you on how to map it

http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/sy...st_Manual.html

Its a shame though. Those guys put so much effort into creating that software, and if they dont get enough return for their effort,
    the software will be non exist soon. Then what will you do when you have a buggy little problem
    or for that matter......... dont know how to map something new to it

PS..... i know i might get flamed for this post but hey, i had to get it off my chest. Im just tired of seeing this.
    And to boot....... im not even subscribing to this thread
    What you linked me is a user-made mapping, and as I explained in my post, I was hoping for a standard mapping from Icon - since Virtual DJ does not recognise it as a known controller. What software legitimacy has to do with that, or where you'd get that I'm a pirate from is beyond me and totally presumptuous. If you want to vent your frustrations, maybe try another topic.

that's my mapper,

Icon are absolutely useless when it comes to support... I have tried to email them 5 times and received no replies.

Also you are not a registered user on the VDJ forum so antifmradio's rant is probably not unfounded.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

i guess i'm stuck with a useless midi controller then.. thanks anyway guys

Quote Originally Posted by djdisappointing View Post
    i guess i'm stuck with a useless midi controller then.. thanks anyway guys
    Why is it that you would prefer a standard mapping? the online community have come up with better mappings than the manufacturer for pretty much every single controller that's come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    Why is it that you would prefer a standard mapping? the online community have come up with better mappings than the manufacturer for pretty much every single controller that's come out.
    Sorry, my reaction wasn't that I didn't think community made mappings were inferior in any way, it was that I was after some help and figured maybe I'd run into a place where I wasn't welcome :S

Quote Originally Posted by djdisappointing View Post
    Sorry, my reaction wasn't that I didn't think community made mappings were inferior in any way, it was that I was after some help and figured maybe I'd run into a place where I wasn't welcome :S
    His point still stands though, most manufacturer mappings are shite. Whenever I get a new piece of gear I map everything myself, far easier that way.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    His point still stands though, most manufacturer mappings are shite. Whenever I get a new piece of gear I map everything myself, far easier that way.
    exactly..the vdj stock mappings are ok, but usually need a little tweaking. if you're gonna do any djing, you better go ahead and learn how to mapp your controllers...

Default IDJ icon file

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    that's my mapper,

Icon are absolutely useless when it comes to support... I have tried to email them 5 times and received no replies.

Also you are not a registered user on the VDJ forum so antifmradio's rant is probably not unfounded.
    Hi there.

I'm struggling to follow your instruction to map the IDJ... I'm good right up until I need to load the .icon file 'from the desktop'...

Am I missing something really simple? I cannot find the required file anywhere.... Any help would be appreciated! =)