To DB4 or not to DB4 - What setup should i choose!?
    Tech Mentor

Default To DB4 or not to DB4 - What setup should i choose!?

Firstly, AARGGHHHH!!!

My body hurts trying to figure out what to do with my setup and was hoping that I can find some help on here to figure out how to go – I am going around in circles trying to decide how to go:

First Setup idea

I was thinking of going for a DB4 and a couple of K2’s, stop using Traktor and stick to using Ableton Live. I would plan to use the Midi shift button on the DB4 to control all of the parameters in Live, set each channel to a corresponding channel in Live, record automation, FX manipulation etc. using the DB4 & K2’s Faders & EQ’s.

I also use 1210s and would implement Deckadance as a plugin for vinyl control within Live. I’m not sure how Deckadance 2 stacks up to Traktor yet though and also, I am unsure if I could manipulate and record the tracks within Live using the DB4 effects?

Second Setup idea

Stick with Traktor and route all through into Live using either the DB4 or Xone:92 – I like this idea because it just seems a bit more interesting, I get the best of both Traktor & Live (apart from being able to control automation of the input into Live from Traktor).

Not sure if this is unnecessary and a complete nightmare to setup and maintain, especially when playing out?

Third Idea

Just stick with Traktor and forget about Live and the DB4 – go for a 92 and just record within Traktor and stick with the Traktor FX and be happy with it! Do i really need all the control Live offers???

Any help much appreciated!!! Guide me people!

I use Traktor Scratch pro 2, synced with Maschine, and I'm getting an Xone92 today, and I am going to get ableton live routed into my 92 so I can use live's FX!

There are threads on how to ableton & xone92! It's cheaper than DB4 also lol

Tech Mentor

Can you let me know how you get on with doing this and how you find it? Does this mean when you are playing through Traktor that you can record the Ableton Live FX in Traktor?

Yeah for sure, I haven't got all the right cables yet so I can only just set up Traktor for the mean while, but soon as I get my leads in I will get ableton routed in and let you know, it's seemed like a bit of a mad one tbh

But I'm sure ill get it. Do you want me to post you the link of the thread that shows how to do it, so you can at least read for yourself and get a picture of how it would work..

Tech Mentor

Yes please, that would be good thanks