Speaker Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaker Advice

Default Speaker Advice

Hi everybody,

I'm currently planning a villa stay in Ibiza and I'm looking to take my Traktor Kontrol S4 with me for pool side.

What I need are some small compact speakers with a built in amp. They need fit into hand laugage (maybe stretch it to a suitcase) and be as powerful as possible. I basically just want to be able to plug my S4 into them and off I go. Cost not so much an issue, but the cheaper that better (not over quality)

Can anybody offer any suggestions?

Kind Regards

JJ

The best bang in a small size could be a single QSC K10, the measurements are 20.4" x 12.6" x 11.8" and should fit in a suitcase, just bubble wrap it a ton, its only 32lbs. Its not too bassy but at 1000W continuous, it should be plenty loud. I don't have any experience with anything smaller (or monitors), so that would be my recommendation.

Thanks for the response, but that's more than I want to pay...looking at around £200 - £300 mark. Would also prefer them to be lighter...as little as 10kg if possible. I not asking for much am I (sarcastically)?...ha ha

Tech Mentor

Maybe a pair of 5" monitors might do the trick, although you'd be lacking in bass with them. Maybe a 3.1 PC system? Hardon Kardon soundsticks perhaps?
    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz / Traktor 2.6.1 / Numark 4Trak / M-Audio BX8 D2 / M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Keyboard / Ableton 8

Twitter @JordanBMZ
    https://soundcloud.com/bmz/

Tech Mentor

Ev zxa1
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Try to find one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-AM2...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

I bought one for $95 US 2 years ago and reviewed it here on the DJTT forum.
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=14511

This is exactly why I bought one.

Tech Student

Hire a rig when you get out there.. make a proper party. i live near there and there's places to rent pa systems.. worth a look..

This thing is louder and has some nice reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-EURO...mackie+srm+150

>

You're never gonna get big sound with a small size. That POLK has nice bass, but isn't super loud. The Behringer is loud as hell, but doesn't have great bass. Renting a rig is the best sound, but could be pricey because of supply and demand in Ibiza summers.

>
    Last edited by loverocket; 03-07-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Roland micro cube might do the trick. Or depending how small is ok with you - I use a Tivoli PAL for hotel rooms and the like and the sound is plenty big for the size (but yeah it's very small).

But really decide what you're trying to do. If you're just trying to entertain yourself, leave the S4 at home and look at girls on the beach instead. Or bring headphones or a small speaker like the PAL. If you're trying to get a pool party going because you don't think there will be enough pool parties in Ibiza, hire a proper rig when you're there.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast