Mapping Traktor NS4 for Virtual DJ

Default Mapping Traktor NS4 for Virtual DJ

Does anyone know if you can map the Traktor Kontrol S4 to play Virtual DJ? Want to mix video with the NS4.

Tech Guru
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Default Mapping Traktor NS4 for Virtual DJ

Thanks, Have you used this mapping? How easy is it to go back to tracks from Video or do you just stay in VDJ?

Tech Guru

No experience with VDJ sorry, synthet1c seems to be the expert around here.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Cool Thanks

tech_nz at the VDJ forum is the guy you want to chat with, he has made a mapper in HID for all the controls and all the lights are in midi.

The mapping isn't optimised for video but with a few tweeks you could change the effects section to control video effects. I played around with video for about 6 months but found in a club it slows down the dance floor as most people stop dancing and just watch the screen! that is not ideal for that environment.

You also need to consider the production time of the video in after effects/premier pro/sony vegas. even if you are not using original material and just use video clips you will want to change these to VOB format as they have full 320kb mp3 sound quality, but you will find that most songs will be slowed for the video clip so if you want to dub over it with the actual song you will need to stretch the video so they sync up and will usually need to extend the length of the video to match the song's length.

If you really want to use VDJ's full abilities but still have people dancing, you should take a look at VDJ Pro's ability to communicate with freestyler and change lighting cues via how cues placed in a songs timeline all to the beat of the selected song. Doing something like that you can create a real show that can be produced before the show but still have the ability to change your set depending on the crowds reaction. That is the next level of djing at the local level and within the grasp of anyone.
    Last edited by synthet1c; 03-07-2013 at 10:36 PM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!