F1 midi mode question
    Tech Convert

Default F1 midi mode question

When I'm in the Traktor preferences for the F1 I can select User Map or Midi Mode for the "shift-browse" command. By default it's on User Map and comes with a preset mapping for that. A bunch of hot cues for the most part. Those maps are in the mapping section under F1.user. Okay I'm fine with that.

When I change th F1 preferences to Midi Mode, it does not use these maps and I get my blank slate to customize. Still good. What I don't get is how to set up my own maps for the midi mode. I could blow out this user map file all together and do it that way, but that seems like it defeats the purpose of having the option to select user or midi mode. Can someone help me out or explain the F1 midi mode to me? I found a post in the mapping section that talked about user mode, but I'm not sure it's a complete explanation. Again the whole user vs midi thing.

Tech Guru

Hit Youtube for Traktor Mapping tutorials if you don't have any experience with it.

MIDI mode switches the F1 from typical native control mode to traditional MIDI notes.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB