Can My Laptop Handle Kontrol S4??

Default Can My Laptop Handle Kontrol S4??

Alright i have a few questions i would like to bounce off some fellow audiophiles before i make some major decisions. I recently purchased a Kontrol S4 and im not very familiar with processors and which ones GHz can handle more load than anothers GHz. I ran into some latency and audio glitch problems so I took my computer to a few computer stores and showed them the spec requirements that came with the S4 and all of them assured me that my computer meets the specs required. Yet when i called Native Instruments they told me my computer does not have a strong enough processor.

1) I just want to be positive that my computer is insufficient before i go out and purchase another one. Here are the specs. for my PC

Model: ASUS Notebook K50IJ
    Processor: Pentium Dual Core 2.20GHz
    RAM: 3GB
    System: 64 Bit

Here are the specs requirements NI emailed me after i called them:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    Windows 7 or 8 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)

Mac OS X 10.7 or 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
    General: Monitor with 1024 x 768 screen resolution, USB 2.0, 1 GB free disc space, high-speed internet required

2) If my computer is insufficient what are some good laptop brands for audio production that are also compatible with the S4??

3) I am probably going to use a couple other midi controllers in addition to the S4 in my set up and have been thinking about running traktor into ableton to allow for more creativity. What processors would be able to handle this load and keep a decent latency??

I would really appreciate some input on my situation, thanks in advance!
    C.C.

Tech Guru

Had the same exact laptop except 4gb RAM instead of 3. It was very stable when I used the S4, but I absolutely had to turn off Wi-fi otherwise I would get crackles and dropouts

Edit.....actually mine was a K60IJ
    Last edited by manchild; 03-10-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Tech Guru

Your processor does meet the specs as it is rougly equivalent to a 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo.

I doubt it will handle Ableton and Traktor simultaneously though.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB