Technic 1200 RCA Problem

Default Technic 1200 RCA Problem

I have a pair of technic 1200 Mk2's with a stanton m203 mixer that works but there is one problem when i try to plug both of the rca cables of both turntables into the mixer the sound comes out fuzzy/distorted/just weird. But when i plug the rca either the white or red of both tables they work, but i'm assuming its only playing L and R respectively to the rca cable plugged in. Any idea why this problem is happening I'm pretty sure they are both grounded to my mixer fine. Thanks!!

Tech Guru

Have you tried removing the carts from them and then plugging them in? Also, have you plugged anything else I to the mixer's inputs? You need the narrow the problem to either a turntable or the mixer.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

I don't know whether this is too obvious a solution, but... could it be that you're connecting the turntables to the line inputs rather than the phono ones? And/or, is the input switched to line rather than phono? You need to make sure you're connecting the turntables to the phono inputs and also that you've switched the input selection to phono... If you've done both of these and it's still happening, then you need to work out whether it's a problem with your mixer or the turntables, either by trying out another mixer or another turntable respectively... hope this helps!

Took a long time to respond, sorry about that. So I had my RCA's from the technics plugged into the line outputs of the m203 mixer and they work when they have only one rca plugged in either red or white. But when i tried to plug it into the phono outputs of the mixer and set it to the phono mode for the audio 6 it gives me a really muffleld sound, it basically just sounds like shit in the phono inputs but with one rca input for the line mode it sounds a lot better. Any idea why this is happening? How can i narrow it down to the turntables or the mixer.

Edit: Okay now its just giving me a weird problem it was plugged into the line inputs how i mentioned previously and i'm using my mixer as a sound card for my computer. Heres the problem, there is sound for everything like youtube, video games and anything related to my computer. But when I open traktor and try to play music off my turntables no sound comes out.. but on the traktor screen it shows the audio levels jumping on the channel faders. It shows me bringing the records back and foward and such but no sounds comes out for traktor from the turntables, but for everything else audio does work. Also I did get my audio 6 used as well so maybe thats it? Any idea for this? These second hand turntables are causing me more problems than there worth, I just want a pair of working technics. I did get them for super cheap though, cant complain. Thanks for any help all!
    Last edited by chromelobes; 04-19-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chromelobes View Post
    Took a long time to respond, sorry about that. So I had my RCA's from the technics plugged into the line outputs of the m203 mixer and they work when they have only one rca plugged in either red or white. But when i tried to plug it into the phono outputs of the mixer and set it to the phono mode for the audio 6 it gives me a really muffleld sound, it basically just sounds like shit in the phono inputs but with one rca input for the line mode it sounds a lot better. Any idea why this is happening? How can i narrow it down to the turntables or the mixer.

Edit: Okay now its just giving me a weird problem it was plugged into the line inputs how i mentioned previously and i'm using my mixer as a sound card for my computer. Heres the problem, there is sound for everything like youtube, video games and anything related to my computer. But when I open traktor and try to play music off my turntables no sound comes out.. but on the traktor screen it shows the audio levels jumping on the channel faders. It shows me bringing the records back and foward and such but no sounds comes out for traktor from the turntables, but for everything else audio does work. Also I did get my audio 6 used as well so maybe thats it? Any idea for this? These second hand turntables are causing me more problems than there worth, I just want a pair of working technics. I did get them for super cheap though, cant complain. Thanks for any help all!
    go to settings select audio 6 sound card, select external assign the output channels let me know if that works...

Quote Originally Posted by P4ULSON View Post
    go to settings select audio 6 sound card, select external assign the output channels let me know if that works...
    Did that it is assigned like this
    L 3:Ch A Left
    R 4:Ch A right

L 5:CH B left
    R 6:CH B right

I don't know if the output deck c's and d's count, dont think they do but they are set as main left and main right for them, and output preview and output fx return is not connected.

Thanks for any help, I really have no idea why it just started randomly doing this. Considering selling these technics or reparing them further.
    Last edited by chromelobes; 04-20-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Okay, Now this is just getting even stranger. I was troubleshooting problems and i decieded to make a new user account on windows.. and nontheless, it just started working again. What the hell is wrong? Any ideas?

Forget everything about I just want to fix the problem with my phono options on the turntables. If anyone can help it would very appreciated.
    Last edited by chromelobes; 05-14-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Default Solution

What you need to do is to remove the rca plugs in the back of the mixer. I had the same issue and was about to return one I just bought on Amazon when I found this thread and realized I had not tried that.
    So just remove the caps that cover the Rca Inputs which are not in use and the problem is solved!
    Sorry that this thread is so old that you have probably got a new mixer already, I just got the M203 for $68