- 4 Ethernet cables
    - 2 SPDIF 75 ohm phono cables
    - 2 RCA stereo cables
    - 2 standard USB cables
    - A computer
    - SD cards, USB sticks

detailed check list missing one thing... TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    To be fair to the OP I have played with lots of guys who have no idea of these things - and some are great dj's - just not nerds like us.

But really you should know your cables matey.
    There were a lot of Nazis who weren't anti-Semitic... doesn't mean they were in the right.

Tech Guru

Does putting phantom power through your Master Outputs put you in the right?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

Not knowing what a phono cable is is a bit surprising but it's not the end of the world is it? Particularly if you know what it does but simply don't know the name. And asking what other cables are needed for the 2000Ns is hardly an offensive question considering they're a bit different to most other stuff. Why is everyone being so uptight?

There's some silly questions on here sometimes (what should my DJ name be? where can I get certain colour caps from for such a thing? etc.) but this isn't really one of them is it?

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    There were a lot of Nazis who weren't anti-Semitic... doesn't mean they were in the right.
    To be honest mate I don't get what you mean so can you explain it properly to me.

I gave an example of some guys been good dj's whilst not being very technical - how does that compare to non-racist nazi soldiers?
    SC | MC

well, this went on a tangent.

Tech Guru

It's just a ridiculous straw man argument, no explanation necessary. If you've recently damaged your own gear by wiring it up incorrectly I don't see how you can then criticise others for asking how to do things right.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

And makar's one-man crusade against me continues. If he'd actually been paying attention during that thread, the moral of the story is that plugging into dodgy knockoff gear is what caused my problem.

godwin's law reached in 32 posts...that was pretty fast for a thread like this.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    It's just a ridiculous straw man argument, no explanation necessary. If you've recently damaged your own gear by wiring it up incorrectly I don't see how you can then criticise others for asking how to do things right.
    Hahahaahaha - this was such an arsehole thing to do, but it was played with such finesse.

Well played Squire.
    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz / Traktor 2.6.1 / Numark 4Trak / M-Audio BX8 D2 / M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Keyboard / Ableton 8

Twitter @JordanBMZ
    https://soundcloud.com/bmz/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast