SONY MDR-V55 Headphones
    Tech Wizard

Default SONY MDR-V55 Headphones

One bedroom dj looking or a set of headphones for around £50-80

Spotted these on eBay n local electrical store but wondering of opinions on them. Appreciate the more u pay the better quality u get.

but has any1 used these or has any recommendation for this price.

Looked at all reviews on the more expensive headphones but can not justify spending that much just for what I do!

If you can get a pair for <£45/£50 then go for it. You get what you pay for - and those Sony's are DEFINITELY AT LEAST £50's worth.

Tech Wizard

Nice one. Cheers for fast reply. It's amazing the leap from cheap headphones to the expensive ones. There does not seem much in between.

Would love o spend £200 on a pair but really is not much point or my bedroom skills lol

There's nothing wrong with those 'phones, mate. Grab 'em. I've seen white ones on ebay for £35...

Tech Wizard

Yes just seen the white ones. Not a. Bad price.

£80 in currys and even going for £100 on eBay!
    All I should need is my headphone jack for them to b able to use them

Yep just got them. £35 is a steel!
    Will let peeps know what they are like but at that price u can not go wrong.

Last edited by NLiNcS; 03-12-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Pass on those and get the Sony MDR-V6. Best headphones I've used and I've used a lot.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Pass on those and get the Sony MDR-V6. Best headphones I've used and I've used a lot.
    +1 buy the MDR-V6, and dont buy them from e-bay! There is a HUGE difference between the Studio "industry standard" MDR-V6/7506 and v55 (which is an "ok" consumer headphone).

The V6 will last you decades even with a rough and tumble touring schedule - and they sound AWESOME.

Also DO NOT buy headphones from ebay and expect them to be the real deal! There are Fake Pioneers, Sony, Beats, Skullcandy to name but a few brands, and the copies can be almost indistinguishable from the real deal with the one exception - sound quality!