Cdj??
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cdj??

Default Cdj??

hey all im going to get off the vinyl and start running some CDJs. I am going to be using it with SL4. I dont know much about any models in specific so if you guys can recommend any to me that would be great. Thanks

P.S not looking to get killed on the price lol
    Last edited by DjEddieBlanco; 03-12-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DjEddieBlanco View Post
    hey all im going to get off the vinyl and start running some CDJs. I am going to be using it with SL4. I dont know much about any models in specific so if you guys can recommend any to me that would be great. Thanks

Don't get CDJs then?

ALL CDJs are overpriced if you ask me... still, if you can't be dissuaded, have a look at the Reloop RMP-3 Alpha; same price as the Pioneer CDJ350! and yet is basically the equivalent of a CDJ1000Mk3. Unlike the CDJ1000s though, it has proper MIDI support as well, AND Link mode (lets you connect two RMP-3 Alphas together to use a single USB stick), similar to the CDJ900/2000.

Tech Wizard

I know I will get flamed for this but.........

Gemini CDJ-700

Quote Originally Posted by sdrthedj View Post
    I know I will get flamed for this but.........

Gemini CDJ-700
    Seconded. Nice little units, although I'd still go for the Reloops over the Gemini if I had the choice, as the Gemini's screen is RIDICULOUS. It's portrait orientation, and its TINY :-( Apart from that, they're good decks.

If your budget can't stretch to the RMP-3 Alpha, the RMP-2.5 is the same price as the CDJ-700 and still a VERY good player.

Tech Guru

If you're looking for units to help you practice for real club setups, then the Pioneer CDJ 800 Mk2s aren't too expensive second hand and will work just the same on timecode with your SL4 as any of the more expensive CDJs.

Edit: This guy has plenty to say about the Reloop RMP-3 Alpha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIXItQR5uQY
    Looks like the basics of cueing and pitch bending aren't done so well on the Reloops. And build quality looks closer to Numark/Gemini than Pio.
    Last edited by makar1; 03-12-2013 at 09:55 PM.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Used Pios might be another option.

Edit - sorry, missed the 800 mk2 suggestion above, but yeah.

Technics should have stayed in the game. This thing was sexier and had better build quality than the Pioneer CDJ-1000.

Only 10 inches though

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Technics should have stayed in the game. This thing was sexier and had better build quality than the Pioneer CDJ-1000.

Once they learn how to write firmware, maybe they will. I owned one of those, and quickly got rid of it 2 months later.... worst purchase ive ever made (Technic CDJ)

Cdj850
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast