What's going to kill the house revival?
    Tech Guru

Default What's going to kill the house revival?

Its a pretty interesting article, but its kind of argument about the house scene that has been talked about before

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/whats...ce=vicetwitter

First two paragraphs

At some point in 2007, a bunch of people realised that they hadn't been laid for the entirety of the four years they'd been listening to dubstep, and fucked off to make something that sounded like the exact opposite of it.

It began life without a name, but pretty soon music hacks realised the jig was up for dubstep because no one wanted to feel like they were trapped in a submarine in the Thames having a panic attack any more, and so "post-dubstep" was born. A few years later, and here we are: with the first British club music built on a 4x4 kick to soundtrack a T4 ident since "Where's Your Head At".

I don't get that article and we still haven't gotten far enough away from dubstep for me. (yeah i like a little of it)

House will never die out in my heart. I'll be playing it for whomever will listen and for myself if nobody does.

Vice: writing troll articles since the dawn of time.

The article should have been called "Hipsters and the Popularity of Disco Tech"

>

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    Vice: writing troll articles since the dawn of time.
    Spot on.....
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

funny how journalism hates on everything these days, dancing, music, fun.... i mean jeez..... might as well stick your head in the sand. This culture is all about having fun, and if that means listening to a 2 hour set of just white noise, than hey, enjoy! everybody has PLUR t shirts and tattoos, but they really don't grasp the true meaning of those fundamentals. Chill people!

Tech Guru

I mean, they have to sell something, and usually, telling the bad stuff about the subject is what gets people to react. Ever wonder why very little articles ever talk about the good stuff about the scene?
    some of the stuff in that article was kind of funny tho.

Tech Guru

Just read it, what a load of bow locks and piffle. Move along, nothing to see here...

House has been around for years and will continue to do so, there's always been an underground movement bubbling away, simple.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.