Vestax vci 400 or Pioneer ddj sx ?!?!
    Tech Wizard

Default Vestax vci 400 or Pioneer ddj sx ?!?!

Hello every one, i would appreciate it alot if you could help me choose between the vestax vci-400 or pioneer ddj sx, i am planing on buying one of these in a couple of days but i don't know what to buy.. previous to my next controller i used vestax vci 300 and now i want to upgrade but it just dont know what to get.. i am serato and traktor friendly so i dont mind the software please comment ! thanks !

Tech Guru

DDJ SX for additional control. VCI 400 for portability.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

hmmm .. do you know if the mappings for the ddj sx on traktor are good ?!

VCI-400 EGE...best controller i've ever had the honor of playing (no just b/c we're on DJTT)
    :: Maschine MK2 :: MF SPECTRA :: Novation Launchpad :: Moog Little Phatty Stage II :: MBP 13.3" i7 2.9GHz Turbo 3.6GHz 8GB ::

Tech Convert

I'd agree with VCI-400 because it's just that much more open to any software. Take a look at the mappings for it on this site, there's some amazing stuff, in particular the one for Ableton take it into another league. And don't forget it's also a stand-alone audio interface too.

DDJ-SX. More features + longer and more precise pitch faders.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadj View Post
    I'd agree with VCI-400 because it's just that much more open to any software. Take a look at the mappings for it on this site, there's some amazing stuff, in particular the one for Ableton take it into another league. And don't forget it's also a stand-alone audio interface too.
    The VCI-400 has been around longer then the DDJ SX and alot more people have them so maybe thats why there are more mappings for it. It has 2 channel standalone the DDJ SX has 4 and has way more mapping options even if you were to use them bouth with Serato DJ DDJ SX has more options.
    DDJ SX has slip/flux mode button that works in bouth Serato and Traktor.
    IMO the VCI is a dam good controller but the DDJ SX is just alto better.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)